Hall of Presidents Upgrade

RiversideBunny

I would like to see that attraction be oriented toward prominent people in the American Revolution instead of just showing the presidents.
It's located in Liberty Square.

Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Betsy Ross, John Adams, Nathaniel Greene, and many others.
They could talk and tell about the history of the forming of the United States.

:)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by brkgnews:
PS... the thread has survived for nearly 12 hours without degenerating into a complete politcal flamewar. Well done.

:ROFLOL:

I absolutely love your sense of humor!!

dxwwf3

Just as long as the attraction says in place, I don't care how long it takes once the new president is elected.

durangojim

I think it goes down for quite awhile (very technical response, I know :eek:)....I'm pretty sure when I was there in July 2000 it was still down for W to get finished.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm sure someone else, maybe Martin (he knows everything :)!), can be more specific.

Probably because W wasn't elected until the end of 2000 and inaugurated until 2001;)

EpcotServo

Obama would be a great AA! I think Mcain would add about 20% more "sleep power" to an already sleepy show.
:lol:

(I keed, no flaming!)

Anyhoo, bottom line: Obama would be a great AA, and HOP badly needs digital projectors and a remastered picture.

Animaniac93-98

I'd rather see Disney build an AA based version of the musical "1776", but that's just my opinion.

How true does everyone think Jim Hill's rumors about the updated version being shorter (not sure if that would be a good idea), with the current president's speech being dropped (good idea) and Lincoln reading the Gettysburg address (bad idea) are?

Personally i think the original show had a better script and Widen your World has a great article on it here:
http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/hop.htm

MKCP 1985

I thought I read that they just pull the head off the existing "current president" and plop the newly constructed head on, update the current president speech, and find a spot for the new past-president to stand on the rotunda.

Is that not correct?

holy smoke - I have not been in that attraction in over 20 years and no matter which presumptive candidate wins the general election, I still won't. :lol:

Maybe if Stitch got elected president, I'd be tempted. Speaking of pulled off heads, do you think he'd eat the other past presidents, or would they be safe?

devoy1701

I thought I read that they just pull the head off the existing "current president" and plop the newly constructed head on, update the current president speech, and find a spot for the new past-president to stand on the rotunda.

Is that not correct?

holy smoke - I have not been in that attraction in over 20 years and no matter which presumptive candidate wins the general election, I still won't. :lol:

Maybe if Stitch got elected president, I'd be tempted. Speaking of pulled off heads, do you think he'd eat the other past presidents, or would they be safe?

I swear...all day today nobody has been ready my previous posts...
to say again...for atleast the last 2 presidents, they've used the same body, they've just switched out the heads...I believe the body is also used in several other attractions...

Dskipper

from what i was told working in ad/lib is that there isnt room for another aa or there wasnt much more room for another aa. they were saying when w won this last time that if he had lost disney was going have to do some thinking about what they were going to do with the attraction. so i know they were running out of room but how close they are im not sure. maybe mickey should run for pres. again.:drevil: at this point i dont think he could do any worse then what is running now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom