Hall Of Presidents update

SIR90210

djronnieb said:
So are they going to update George W. Bush now to be swearing at other World Leaders? :lol:

Maybe this is of me, but a swear word invokes the name of God, which s__t does not. Secondly, he wasn't cursing at world leaders, he was cursing...with world leaders.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
SIR90210 said:
Maybe this is of me, but a swear word invokes the name of God, which s__t does not. Secondly, he wasn't cursing at world leaders, he was cursing...with world leaders.

true he was cursing with a world leader (Tony Blair), but he was cursing at another world leader (i forgot which)

wedway71

AND LADIES AND GENTLEMAN THE 43RD PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.......

FOOL ME ONCE SHAME ON YOU.....FOOL ME TWICE UH OH UMM UHHH DOOO:hammer:

Connor002

warlord said:
true he was cursing with a world leader (Tony Blair), but he was cursing at another world leader (i forgot whick)

Okay, first off:
“See the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s--- and it’s over,”
He does not swear at anyone;S.hit, in this use, is a noun. It does not refer to anyone, neither the Hezbollah militia or any official leader.

Secondly,
As per http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=17360, political posts are frowned upon.

maxime29

Premium Member
djronnieb said:
So are they going to update George W. Bush now to be swearing at other World Leaders? :lol:
Thanks for bumping an ancient thread for nothing. I'm not a big fan of George, but your comment didn't really add any humor. As stated before by connor, please do not follow other examples in this thread.

kcnole

why the hell is this guy necroing so many old topics. This is the second topic from friggin 2001 one he's necroed. This is getting old.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
warlord said:
ROFL, have you noticed that the whole thread is loaded with policital discussion even from 5 years back?
Yep. Its almost like saying lets talk about POTC but you cant talk about Pirates....

CaptainMichael

retroeric said:
July 2001. My oh my how different things were back then.
Yeppers, tis a shame a certain something occured a few months later that we are still feeling the effects of:( I saw the trailer for a movie about it today and started to tear up *sigh*....

Herbie53

Premium Member
Herbie53 said:
I don't think we have to worry about Clinton, my understanding is that audioanimatronics are fairly well behaved. I'm anxious to hear what our fearless leader has recorded. I have a sinking feeling that the Hall of Presidents is about to become a comedy.

When you think about it, it's really too bad Gore's not getting into the hall. They could have just put the man himself in there, and no one would realize he wasn't a robot.

:wave: :p

Be careful bringing threads back from the dead, you never know what kind of ghosts are going to come back with them! Needless to say I was pretty surprised to get the notification email about this thread being active. Geez, I don't think I've posted since sometime around 2003.

Time flies and things change - I can't believe how even handed I was with my political satire back then. If I only knew then what I know now! :lookaroun

barnum42

SIR90210 said:
Maybe this is of me, but a swear word invokes the name of God,
I too may be a little on this front, but I think here we are talking about the vulgarity definition of swear, as in "Oh s*** I hit my thumb with a hammer". As opposed to the declarion definition of swear as in "I swear to god I'll tell the truth....".

:wave:

Astronaut Jones

kcnole said:
why the hell is this guy necroing so many old topics. This is the second topic from friggin 2001 one he's necroed. This is getting old.

You know that doesn't necessarily mean "to raise from the dead". But that's some inventive slang you got there... I'd be careful using that for reasons I don't want to go into.

CoffeeJedi

Astronaut Jones said:
You know that doesn't necessarily mean "to raise from the dead". But that's some inventive slang you got there... I'd be careful using that for reasons I don't want to go into.
the preffix "necro" simply refers to death, there are alot of words you can pair it with however......
i'm pretty sure he's using it as a shortened form of "necromancy" though... so... what would the past tense verb form be? "necromanced"? weird

Astronaut Jones

Necromancy can't be made into a verb but I'm not trying to be that guy, sorry to even say that much. I just think that it could be interpreted as something he's not wanting to say.

CoffeeJedi

Astronaut Jones said:
Necromancy can't be made into a verb but I'm not trying to be that guy, sorry to even say that much. I just think that it could be interpreted as something he's not wanting to say.
I think there was a joke on The Venture Brothers recently to that effect with Dr. Orpheus.

kcnole

necroing a thread is common slang on internet message boards for bringing back threads from ages ago. Many sites even have rules that will ban your for necroing. So if it means something else, then my mind just isn't as dirty as yours, but it's a common internet slang in relation to message board posts.

The official term is thread necromancy.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Transwiki:Thread_necromancy

Astronaut Jones

CoffeeJedi said:
I think there was a joke on The Venture Brothers recently to that effect with Dr. Orpheus.

I love the Venture Bros. so much. My friend knows Dr. Hammer relatively well but I'm not quite that cool. I still think it's cool to be cool with somebody who is cool with Dr. Hammer though. That show is brilliant though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom