Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Sneaky

Original Poster
With the whole scuttlebut and hoopla surrounding monsters inc potentially replacing muppetvision 3D, another rumor has quietly arisen through multiple people: the muppets will make a new home in liberty square. This rumor, while subtle, has been mentioned or alluded to by multiple trusted insiders here, as well as some on Twitter. Will we get this salute to all nations (but mostly America)? Time will tell.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The strongest concept I've heard is "Muppets American History" to replace Hall of Presidents. That checks a lot of boxes:
  • It's an IP Disney owns
  • Half the country hates HOP at any given moment in time
  • HOP is the lowest-rated attraction in WDW for several guest demographics
  • The current HOP really has no "here's where we go from here" opportunities. They're not going to turn it into a musical. It's just not a subject that a lot of people care about enough to see.
Plus, the Muppets are viewed as largely apolitical by most Americans. They could tell the good parts and the bad parts (and avoid others entirely) in a way that most people would enjoy.
Makes it sound almost ideal.

Sneaky

Original Poster
Not a fan of this. Would it mean the president AAs would be gone? That's a really unique and creative "living history" tradition that would be sad to see ended.

I don’t have a problem with a Muppets themed show as an addition to LS. But they shouldn’t remove HoP (or Muppetvision for that matter).
Hall of presidents was gonna go anyway. Especially with political climate. And if they don’t care about all of the rivers of america, no way they care about HOP. Muppetvision I agree with you, but I feel like we are a bit too late on that one. IMO American Adventure nails the serious look at American history so much, that I feel like a more fun look at American history, especially in the magic kingdom would be fun. I do adknolwedge I’m more liberal with what I accept than most here, but I think this could be a fun time. Also whatever keeps the muppets at wdw, and hot take AA wipes the floor with HOP anywaayyy even if Itd be nice for it to stay.

The Leader of the Club

It’s time for Hall of Presidents to go. Quite frankly, we don’t have near the same reverence for the office that we had in 1971. And animatronics of the Presidents aren’t as novel as they were then either.

I do hope that Disney will donate the animatronic figures to the presidential libraries of each respective president. That would be a really cool way to honor the work of the artists who sculpted them.

Consumer

It doesn't matter who the current president is or who wins in November, the Hall of Presidents ought to be preserved. Does that mean it has to be preserved at Magic Kingdom? No. Bring it to Disneyland and I would be happy. But I do believe that, much like CoP and Mr. Lincoln, it's a show that must be preserved.

Sneaky

Original Poster
I feel like maybe this idea’s revival was maybe born out of the same feelings inside imagineering that CBMJ came out from of “we can’t just get rid of the muppets at wdw”, but just my guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom