Hall of Presidents Rehab?

SixBits_Slocum

Original Poster
I heard from a pretty reliable source (CM at DAK) that Disney is considering closing the Hall of Presidents for a rehab this fall. The thing is that this "closed for rehab" may be permament.. Apparently ever since the Clinton White House, public confidence in the White House has declined drastically and not to mention our current political crisis with this war in Iraq business. Public opinion is waning terribly and Disney wants its parks to remain politically neutral and it doesnt want to offend anyone.

Any reaction to this??

MKCP 1985

Leaving politics out of it, this is an exhibit that could close and few under the age of 60 would mind. The novelty of audio-animatronics that look like real people is long gone and HOP is the last thing my 11 and 14 year old want to do in the Magic Kingdom.

I don't think the Iraq war or the Clinton White House have anything to do with this attraction's lack of appeal. It is just boring.

Sir Hiss527

It'll never close as long as i'm on this earth..It's not one of my favorites to do, but it's US History. And also it's got good AC in there...

General Grizz

Another reminder: keep politics out!

Hall of Presidents should always be at the Magic Kingdom until attendance is absolutely horrible.

Walt Disney World is very Americana, and I'd dread the day when HoP would close.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Like it or lump it, THOP is about history - and that can`t be changed. Just move Bush Jr. to the back and remove his spotlight bulb. This is one of the few original WDW attractions left. There again, with the curent managerial regeime lets be glad it hasn`t already become a meet n`greet or a lame spinner coaster.

maxime29

Premium Member
I always enjoyed the Hall of Presidents. Gives me that sense of pride to be in a country like the US (some people have lost or don't understand this at all).

General Grizz

Originally posted by marni1971
move Bush Jr. to the back and remove his spotlight bulb

Come on, now, NO POLITICS ON THE FORUMS, they say! We don't want this thread closed - it has a potential for a variety of non-political view points. :wave:

Wade

in my opinion it is pretty boring, but i would feel horrible to just say rip it out. This is American history we are talking about.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Wade
in my opinion it is pretty boring, but i would feel horrible to just say rip it out. This is American history we are talking about.

Be fair they dont have much background material to work with.:animwink:

SuperGrover

I cannot help but think that the Hall of Presidents might find a more suitable home in Epcot, perhaps near the American Adventure attraction. It seems to attract the same kind of crowd that AA attracts.

tigger248

While HOP is not my favorite attraction, I would hate to see it go. I think it's cool that Disney honors our country's presidents and it is a very important part of US history. I also think that there would be a lot of people who would hate to see it go. When I was a CP I worked for a week in Liberty Square and whenever I was in the Heritage House I would hear a lot of people talking about the attraction. These people seemed amazed at it and they thought it was cool that they had an animatronics figure for every president and that they were so realistic looking.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry - didn`t mean to get political (I hate politics) - I was just playing with the idea of popularity with the government falling recently....

Long live The Hall of Presidents!

KaliSplash

This is one of my favorites. And yes, I know it's not the most exciting show in the world. Thus, the shorter hours it seems to be keeping for the past year or so. But I do find the AA very appealing, as well as the air conditioning!

If they think politics is hurting the attraction, go back to the version where Lincoln does all the talking.

I hope they don't close it. But as someone mentioned, it would fit nicely in American Adventure at Epcot. I frankly was disappointed the first time I saw Amiercan Adventure that the statues on the side didn't do anything!

WDWHeadBanger

I think the HOP is the most boring and horrible ride ever. But I would never agree that it should be ripped out. It belongs and if you dont like it there, dont ride it!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by General Grizz
. . . and by his last comment, he wants to see President Bush at the Hall of Presidents in 2004.

:lookaroun

[CRUMBLES POLITICS]

Id like to see Bush too, not bothered about seeing a president though.

meanmice

ok i'm strange

with that being said, HOP was my favorite attraction as a child and now that I'm older... not as much. It's history and it honors our presidents (even those that don't deserve it), but I wouldn't be heartbroken if it left.

on a side note, i know clinton was the first president who actually lent his voice, but did bush do it too? will Kerry do it next year? anybody know?

Dayma

will Kerry do it next year? anybody know?

Dont think he is is president at this point...there is still that thing they call an election :) ... I am JK with you....

Also moving Bush to the back would be silly. There is no president in histroy that had 100% approval rate. There are always people that dislike a president just due to the part lines.... My point is that moving Bush to the back is a polictical statment.

speck76

More retail, just what the MK needs.

I have never seen the HOP, although it is on my list of "if it has no line and I have nothing else to do"

If they were to remove it, it would be great in Epcot as an additional attraction in the US area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom