Hall of Presidents Refurbishment Watch

DVCscott

I have gotten to where I enjoy the sitting president recording own voice for the current segment. Political feelings aside for whoever the current one is at the time, it is still a part of history. And decades from now when our children are old and if YouTube - social media is still a thing, they can go back and hear what the then historical president recorded for their brief contribution at Disney years before.

Pepper's Ghost

Question since I've never been there at the right times to witness it. Do they take the attraction down on Jan 20th and leave it closed until the new speech and AA are ready? I can't imagine they'd allow the former president to continue giving a speech after losing the election, so I'm guessing it remains closed until the changes are ready.

If it does take months to get the new president to do a recording, etc., in my opinion they should have a B-mode from Jan 20th until the speech and AA are ready, shut down the attraction only for long enough to swap out the AAs and change the show, then reopen. I'll just guess at a timeline, but it would seem better to have the attraction in a B-mode for several months and listen to an Abe Lincoln speech every 4 or 8 years than to have the attraction go down for months. If it takes them 4 to 6 months to get the stars aligned, doesn't it make sense to use B-mode with Abe for most of that time, close down for a week or whatever and swap out the AAs and reopen? I can't imagine all that time is spent making the changes. Most of it has to be trying to get the new president's time.

And I agree with @DVCscott that politics aside I prefer hearing the current president talk. With one exception, I've enjoyed both Dem and Rep presidents' speeches.

The Grand Inquisitor

Since the new Disney+ show by the Rock that will focus on Disney attractions coming out next month, I bet we will see some footage. Especially since the hall of presidents is all about one of the episodes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom