Hall of Presidents Refurbishment Watch

JohnD

Original Poster
This is a sincere question, not a political one and wondering what folks think Disney would do in this scenario...
Suppose 45 resigned from the presidency two days before his last day in office (for whatever reason), and Pence takes over the presidency for 2 days. Technically Pence would be 46, and Biden would be 47. Again, keeping the politics out of this conversation, do you think Disney would put 2 new AAs on stage for Pence and Biden? I'm assuming yes since technically Pence would be a president. I'm just curious because in this scenario he wasn't elected president and only served 2 days.

Thoughts on whether Disney would create AAs for both men?

Yes. Pence would be a President even for two days. But Pence wouldn't be added until the Biden refurb is complete. Biden would be out front and Pence would be one of the other Presidents behind Biden.

And for the record, William Henry Harrison was President for only 31 days. And he's represented.

JohnD

Original Poster
I didn't say they were going to do it, I just put it out there as a possibility. I don't think they would either because then there would be no pardon power. However, if the last 4 years has taught us anything it is that criminals traitors do not follow laws very closely. However, when Eisenhower had a heart attack while in office and again when Reagan was shot, there was, albeit briefly, an Acting President. The Vice President had to step up.

Reagan was never not President, though.

Goofyernmost

True, but he was elected president. A VP taking office for 2 days is a slightly different scenario. With that said, I agree that Pence would likely be added in the background with the change to Biden.
That has been what I have been speaking about anyway. Even if they wanted there wouldn't be enough time to create an animatronic, record any speech and get it set up before January 20th, anyway. That scenario was part of a discussion but was never more than a fantasy.

JohnD

Original Poster
True, but he was elected president. A VP taking office for 2 days is a slightly different scenario. With that said, I agree that Pence would likely be added in the background with the change to Biden.
President Ford was never elected. Granted he was President for 2 years (not 2 days) but he's represented. A 2 day President is still President.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
President Ford was never elected. Granted he was President for 2 years (not 2 days) but he's represented. A 2 day President is still President.
Anyone sworn in is a president...and the line of succession amendment doesn’t not allow for a “vacant” office...only temporary due to incapacitation.

There is a 90% chance pence becomes president if you read the tea leaves

Goofyernmost

Heck, Ford was never even elected as Vice President. He was appointed by Nixon after Agnew resigned. So election isn't the requirement. After the Vice President the succession goes to the Speaker of the House. President Pelosi. is possible right now.

Raineman

What makes anybody think our alien reptilian overlords will allow this attraction to continue in the future?
Well, considering the man that started all of this was an Illuminati alien reptilian Nazi sympathizer, they’re probably ok with it. 😀

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Looks like President Elect Joe Biden is going to be added.
I don't think that was ever in question.

What's in question is if WDW will change what the current president AA does: Speech? Oath of office? Silent? Surrounded by Muppets?

ToTBellHop

I don't think that was ever in question.

What's in question is if WDW will change what the current president AA does: Speech? Oath of office? Silent? Surrounded by Muppets?
If it’s the Muppets, I want it to be “all of the above” Trump giving a speech while Biden completes the Oath of Office, Obama shakes his head silently, and Miss Piggy sings.

Washington and Jefferson down whiskey while Nixon nods approvingly.

JohnD

Original Poster
Probably not until July 4 at the earliest (almost 6 months from January 20). But could be longer. Trump's took a full year. I believe Obama's was 6 months.

montyz81

Why does it take a year for them to add an animatronic? I don't get it. Why don't they just build a Walt Disney animatronic to stand up and provide a new speech every 4 years. I'm pretty sure we can synthesize voices to sound like the original person with technology these days. This way the ride becomes less about politics and more about the office.. the way the ride was originally

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom