Hall of Presidents Down 2/18/13

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Unfortunately, US politics is often viwed and treated like a sports match. Where there are only two sides, only one group of "winners" and "losers", issues are overly simplstic (and always black and white good/bad) and moderation and compromise are signs of weakness.

Thank you for that. That is exactly why we do everything in our power to discourage political conversations here. No good has ever come of it and it just causes frustration.

I realize that it is challenging to discuss the Hall of Presidents without being tempted to bring politics into the conversation. However, I assume that we're dealing with rational, intelligent adults here and that you should all be able to manage just fine. So with that I urge all of you to move back to the topic and away from the political commentary. Thanks!

Sped2424

Thank you for that. That is exactly why we do everything in our power to discourage political conversations here. No good has ever come of it and it just causes frustration.

I realize that it is challenging to discuss the Hall of Presidents without being tempted to bring politics into the conversation. However, I assume that we're dealing with rational, intelligent adults here and that you should all be able to manage just fine. So with that I urge all of you to move back to the topic and away from the political commentary. Thanks!
I Couldn't have stated it better.

The Empress Lilly

Lets leave politics out of this
Lets try to leave politics out of this guys, its disrespectful to boo at the current president regardless of political party at an attraction at Disney its not the time nor place for it.
Humour, mate, humour. Satire poking fun at hyperpartisanship.

An impromptu American history lesson: Susan B. Anthony absolutely was a Republican
Yes, she was indeed. I believe this little detail was the subtle cleverness of RSox's delightful little tease. ;)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
And to think on a day like today (President's Day) it should be opened and people should be recommending to guests "visit HOP today cause it's Presidents day". I know it's a lame reason why you should ride/watch it, but main point I'm trying to make here is that it should not be shut down on President's day out of all the days in the year this is the one day that it should be open and working properly.

Agreed. I still remember when Carousel of Progress was down during Progress Fortnight.

Taylor

I know this a little off-topic but I think they need a Hall of Vice Presidents. They could have Biden do an incoherent rant, oh I wait I meant speech. But everyone will have to wear an orange hunting jacket because of Cheney.

*Disclaimer* this post was truly sarcastic, since this is on the Internet and sometimes it's tough to tell I think this disclaimer is needed, maybe I should this for all my posts?

Walt 1901

When I take me kids to see the HOP of Presidents the thing I try to point out to them is that each administration has changed hands peacefully without war like what occurs in many other countries.

rodserling27

How about a Hall of Presidential Election Losers? Think of the endless possibilities with such characters as Walter Mondale, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Al Gore, John Kerry....hilarious!!

wickedsoccer22

The last time I was in the attraction (August) the entire audience applauded for Obama. They didn't smear, boo, or cheer for him.. but applauded. Being it was in the midst of an election, I was very impressed with the maturity of the audience. It should be like that every time.

RSoxNo1

How about a Hall of Presidential Election Losers? Think of the endless possibilities with such characters as Walter Mondale, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Al Gore, John Kerry....hilarious!!
Or "The Simpsons Ride" route and go with The Hall of the Secretary of the Interior

Goofyernmost

As a foreigner, its interesting when George W. is booed.
As a citizen I find it repulsive (and that's not even considering we're talking about an AA here). It is demonstrating that the idea of being civil, having upbringing and a sense of what is right and what is wrong is leaving this country at rapid speed.:oops:

I think we should petition to give this disturbed mess of a land mass back to Great Briton and see if they can inject a little culture back into the society. It will, however, contain a provision that Football will remain as it is and not that sissy version from across the pond.:eek:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No way do you want our mess of an Island messing up the US of A any more.

But if you did you'd have to play rugby. Now THAT''s a proper game without the sissy protection your footballers wear :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom