Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2022

AEfx

Since the christmas party tickets get you access to the park our strategy was to hit up the party on arrival day and use our park tickets the rest of the trip. But yeah those prices.......

This is the only reason we even remotely entertained the idea. We are going to be spending a week at Universal in December, and were going to completely avoid WDW for a whole bunch of reasons. Then when these came up, and I realized where it would fall during our trip...I gave in. We'll spend $380 for the two of us to have 8 hours at the MK. And most of the time we won't have to be dealing with Genie-minus and all that ridiculous BS. Not to mention, nighttime is my favorite time to be at the MK.

We will be completely avoiding the "party" itself. We are only there to do rides. We will eat before, somewhere else, and then be at the MK to get in at 4. The only planning that will be needed is to make sure we are on the correct side of the parades so we don't get stuck in the wrong land at the wrong time.

Then we will wave bye-bye to WDW, and spend a nice relaxing week at a resort that...well, actually allows you to relax and enjoy yourself. And doesn't cost as much as a used car to spend a decent week at.

DCBaker

Premium Member
New casting call posted today for Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade performers -

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 7.14.01 PM.png

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Every other date will also sell out.

Honestly, I think it is worth the ticket price to see Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime. Best fireworks at WDW right now.
I agree with you... curious if they add capacity considering the success of Halloween not to a point where its crowded but i was at one of the sold out events and imo they definitely could have added more guests and probably would have went unnoticed where it did not make the night worse off...

ppete1975

With how popular the Halloween and Christmas have become, does Disney Eventually add another park. Like studios or epcot. Id say studios because there are more rides and more of a whimsical disney feel. Maybe special fantasmic. And some overlays

mattpeto

With how popular the Halloween and Christmas have become, does Disney Eventually add another park. Like studios or epcot. Id say studios because there are more rides and more of a whimsical disney feel. Maybe special fantasmic. And some overlays
Once F! is in the rotation again and they can further spread out the night crowds, I could see a scenario where the holiday After Hour parties return and run once per week, maybe on Monday nights at MK for instance. I would think it more be more like Boo Bash (less entertainment and more focused on low wait times). I don’t think they have enough juice at the other parks to carry a party.

James Alucobond

I agree with you... curious if they add capacity considering the success of Halloween not to a point where its crowded but i was at one of the sold out events and imo they definitely could have added more guests and probably would have went unnoticed where it did not make the night worse off...
It’s probably wise to leave some breathing room in order to appease folks who went to an event during inclement weather. There’s also probably a massive psychological domino effect that occurs when a few dates sell out super early.

ppete1975

i think the balance will be not making them too crowded that you cant enjoy the parades fire works... or make the rides where you actually have to wait. I know for me part of the appeal was being able to basically walk on rides and the low crowds. But that was at the 95-100 dollar mark (i think). Now im not sure if id do it again even though I loved it the time i did.

RichVIII

It’s probably wise to leave some breathing room in order to appease folks who went to an event during inclement weather. There’s also probably a massive psychological domino effect that occurs when a few dates sell out super early.
Such a great point. See something sell out and you don’t want to be left out in the Florida cold. I figured the first night would sell out first.

TTA94

I’d assume we would have heard something by now but any possibility of anything new this year? Aside from what we already know that’s returning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom