• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Half Day Tickets just don't make sense for Nov. and Dec.

thomas998

I wasn't the one that suggested a 4 hour ticket, that was @Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL . 1/2 day tickets would give you more like 9 hours on a day the magic kingdom is open until 10 pm
there are thousands upon thousands of people who tour without trying to get into every ride. I know quite a few people who go to the parks in the evening simply for the ambiance.
It is not an "either/or " proposition. this could be useful say 1 day out of a longer vacation where all you have is 1/2 day to spend at the Magic kingdom.

. again this is not some thing that you would use for a 6 pm closing.

So if a person entered at 1pm and the park does not close until 10-11 pm they are doing more than 2 rides plus they are seeing the night time show.

last August we were in the world and on our magic kingdom day the only ride that was 90 minutes long was the mine train. so a half day ticket would more than suffice.
I was aware that you weren't the one originally touting a 4 hour ticket, but since you did mention it in the post I just thought people should understand how ridiculous a 4 hour ticket would actually be. A half day ticket is really what we've done on days where they have a event like Halloween party since we arrive at 4 and stay to the end... frankly that isn't a bad deal given the discounted price versus a full day and the fact that on some full days we probably only spend about 8 hours in the parks because we go back to the room for a bit or spend time outside the park getting better and cheaper lunch or dinner. So don't worry I'm not trying to hang the goofy 4 hours of Disney idea on you.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Premium Member
Advertisement
Why wouldn't it make sense? Obviously if you are an adult and are up at the crack of dawn and can stay in the parks all day, look elsewhere, but for alot of other people who aren't early risers or die-hards, it's not hard to see the appeal.

I can't get my family of 5 to make a 9am rope drop if my life depended on it. Might as well sleep in, perhaps spend the morning in the pool, or a late breakfast at Ohana and stroll on in at 12. I can still get the fastpasses I wanted at 60 days out, be able to choose a new one by 3, and by timing it right with EMH, stay in the Magic Kingdom or Epcot til 11-12 at night. and save a pretty decent amount of money.

Doing the math, on say a day where MK is open 8a-10p with 10p-12a EMH, 2 day regular ticket vs 2 day mid day.

Especially for families with kids who aren't early risers, getting them up at 7 means they're going to want a nap by 3. That means leaving the parks by 2, and MAYBE getting back in by 6? And if you're getting them up at 7 the next day, you won't be able to stay late, so you spend 3 hours in the evening before heading back for the night. You'd be spending 9 hours in the park. Picking a random day in September, a 2 adults and 3 kids would be $1,161.79. That's $64.54 per hour.

If you buy the mid-day, and say just get 8 hours in, 12-8, the total would be $880.32, or $55.02 per hour. And no matter how many hours you get in the parks, it's still a difference of $281. That's two character meals for a family of 5. The savings over a 4 day ticket would be $567.34. That's enough to pay for atleast one direction of flights to Orlando for a family of 5.

My strategy for my upcoming trip is a 1 day ticket for HS so we have enough time for all of Toy Story and Star Wars with a 9pm closing, and a 2-day mid-day ticket for Epcot and MK, timed with the late night EMH days. It's about $170 cheaper than a regular 3 day ticket for my family.
This really doesn't have a lot to do with the OP. The thread is based on the fall and winter seasons when MK closes at 6pm over half the time. That's all.

Andrew M

This really doesn't have a lot to do with the OP. The thread is based on the fall and winter seasons when MK closes at 6pm over half the time. That's all.
Right, I guess I didn’t think of anyone trying to use it on those days, but Every Tuesday and Wednesday, Epcot and MK are open til atleast 11 and 12 respectively. I’d really hope anyone would atleast check the park hours before deciding to buy a ticket.

thomas998

Right, I guess I didn’t think of anyone trying to use it on those days, but Every Tuesday and Wednesday, Epcot and MK are open til atleast 11 and 12 respectively. I’d really hope anyone would atleast check the park hours before deciding to buy a ticket.
You would be surprised how many people don't do that. Or the first time visitor that might start planning in June for a trip in December and looks at the hours they are open in June and then assumes those are the hours year round. I think part of the problem is that when you are planning a trip and using Disney's website to do it they don't flash up the hours the park will be open on the days you are booking your reservations. If they did it would probably help some people avoid an unexpected surprise.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
You would be surprised how many people don't do that. Or the first time visitor that might start planning in June for a trip in December and looks at the hours they are open in June and then assumes those are the hours year round. I think part of the problem is that when you are planning a trip and using Disney's website to do it they don't flash up the hours the park will be open on the days you are booking your reservations. If they did it would probably help some people avoid an unexpected surprise.
Well, what we clearly need is some more federal regulations requiring theme park operators to post daily dollar-per-hour costs on ticket purchase pages. Truth in labeling should apply.

And this is sarcasm.

brucerob62

I HAVE never nor will ever use park hopper I go to a park stay from rope drop to close always have always will..4hr slots ridiculous never go back if this happens

thomas998

Well, what we clearly need is some more federal regulations requiring theme park operators to post daily dollar-per-hour costs on ticket purchase pages. Truth in labeling should apply.

And this is sarcasm.
Sure you are being sarcastic... but that's a good idea and probably would make sense given Disney is now pricing tickets differently based on the day of the week and season you purchase your ticket for. Given technology and the fact that they don't price tickets on anything written that they send out just links to their website it would be a great idea that would also explain why buying a cheaper ticket for midweek isn't always a better deal than buying a more expensive ticket for a weekend when they are open longer. Not saying the government should waste time coming up with the law, but it would be nice thing for Disney to do... or if not Disney it might be something other theme parks could do to force the issue by showing their cost of fun per hour versus Disney's.

thomas998

I HAVE never nor will ever use park hopper I go to a park stay from rope drop to close always have always will..4hr slots ridiculous never go back if this happens
Actually at the rate they are going and length of the lines, I'm getting closer and closer to hiring a VIP guide so I can just the line on one day and probably get in more ride in that one day than I could in 3 or 4 of doing it on my own.

Top Bottom