Haircuts on Main Street

mrtoad

Original Poster
I would like to get my haircut on Main Street as I have always wanted to do it and it just so happens the person I usually go to is on vacation so I can't get it done before we leave.

Do you know if you just walk up is it quick to get in the chair or is there a wait usually?

Thanks,
Mike

monkey

My partner waited about 20 minutes to get his cut. Just be warned you get pixie dust scattered in your hair when you leave!

MissM

It's first come, first served. So the amount of time it takes to get a haircut depends on how many people are in front of you. I think Love waited maybe 20-30 minutes for his and there were about four people in front of him.

Earlier in the day is better from what I understand. Also, they close at like 4pm or 5pm so much earlier then the park itself.
-m

swimmom

My daughter waited about an hour for a haircut. We got to the MK about 9:30 or 10:00, so if you get there earlier, your wait will probably be shorter. Beware of the colored hair gel. The bathtub had a blue tint to it after my daughter washed it out of her hair.

disneyfamily

All my children's 1st haircuts have been there. Try to get Michael (he spells if differently, but I can't remember how), I waited for 45 min. to an hour on Nov, 18 for my sons haircut.

Toft

Does anyone know if they do shaves as well? It is an ambition of mine to be shaved with a cut-throat razor and to do this in Disney would make it even better.

DisneyBuff

When I was there on the college program I would go and get there about 3 o'clock and watch the parade while getting my hair cut. Sometimes there were waits of more then an hr.

hcswingfield

If you have light colored or white hair, beware the gel. They are using a new product now and the color does not completely wash out. Also I echo everyone's recommendation for Mikal. He is the best!

Teenchy

Toft said:
Does anyone know if they do shaves as well? It is an ambition of mine to be shaved with a cut-throat razor and to do this in Disney would make it even better.

Great idea...If they make a mistake no better place to call it quits than on Main Street! :lol:

mrtoad

Original Poster
Thanks all for the info.

In regards to the straight razor, I use to get a super short crew cut and the barber I use to go to was like 8,000 years old and he use a straight razor to shave the back of your neck and around your ears. One time when I got in the car afterwards I touched my ear and it was bleeding. He had cut me and I did not know as those things are so sharp. I stopped going for fear I would come out of there one ear less....

Those things are scary.

hedgewick

I think it is a cute idea to get your hair cut at Disney World but personally I wouldn't waste an hour or more of park time just to get a hair cut when I could easily do that at home. Tickets to the park are very expensive. I don't even like to stop and eat (but I do since it's so yummy) because I don't want to miss any of the attractions. The only time I can see doing it is for a first haircut. I'm pretty sure kids would rather ride Dumbo and snuggle Goofy than get their hair cut.

Just my .02 worth.

Enderikari

Clear up a couple of things, since I get my hair cut there once a month.

Charge - $17 for Adults, $13 for Children
Michal (correct spelling) - The best barber in the world, but all of them are good.
No Charge for Color, but you can request to not have it.
There is a morning rush, so I always say go there either right before the parade, but no later than 4 (or you risk not getting in, they usually seat the last guest at 4:30)

And one other thing, when you go on vacation, to each his own. If you want to sprint to every ride and then by all means, enjoy the attractions, I agree with you, they are great. But on vacation, I always recommend to people to stop, slow down, take a break and watch the people. Getting a haircut at an old barbershop is a unique experience that you can take great pictures of, and show the folks back at home that WDW is full of interesting, offbeat things.

MellBelle2

I had a trim at Harmony Barbershop and then I got the hot pink gel and pixie dust--they gave my mom a little too because she was with me:lol: --and the experience was so great. The barbershop singers came in and sang to me and this little boy who was getting his first haircut (they gave him a hat w/ my first hair cut and a whole bunch of mickey stickers!!) It was so much fun and even though it took up some time from the park (maybe an hour) I have great memories from it and I thought it was an attraction on its own. I definitely recommend going there! The people are awesome :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom