Haircuts on Main Street

Since1976

The barbershop is first come first served, and they don't really keep a list. Customers pretty much have to keep track of who walked in the door first. Don't even bother asking how long the wait will be -- the shop isn't set up like a Great Clips or Hair Cuttery, with a computer keeping track of everything.

Also, bring CASH, because they use an old fashioned cash register.

I took my daughter there for her first haircut when she was 1 year and a half old. We waited about 15 minutes in the morning. It was worth it. The pictures we took at the barbershop are among the most cherished in our photo album.

MissM

Since1976 said:
Also, bring CASH, because they use an old fashioned cash register.
They can take credit cards though. They have a card reader behind the counter. No worries!
-m

BRER STITCH

YIKES! :eek:

I just thought of something... :hammer:

I can't even imagine getting a haircut and then having to walk around all day with those little hairs all over me! :lol:

I generally head directly back home to shower or at least wash my hair after a cut.

Do they wash your hair AFTER the cut to get rid of all the hair, or at least vaccuum you off?? Now that THAT thought is in my head, I'll probably never get my hair cut there.... :(

MissM

BRER STITCH said:
I can't even imagine getting a haircut and then having to walk around all day with those little hairs all over me! :lol:
You sound like my Love. ;) He always buys or brings a change of shirts when he has it done. I think it's a guy thing because there aren't little hairs when I get mine cut. *chuckles* So I can't really relate to the problem. But man...he gets really cranky if he has hair cut hair bits left on him!
-m

Littlebit

I know the big deal about getting a haircut on Main Street is, well, getting a haircut on MAIN STREET (wink). However if you just want to get a haircut (or any other beauty/grooming service) at WDW, remember that several of the higher-end WDW Resort Hotels have barbers and beauticians at your service.

Grady has been cutting my husband's hair at the Contemp. for over 4 years now. You usually DO need an appointment but he can do everything the Main St. barbershop can do, including the shave with the straight razor. It's also a more quiet, relaxed atmosphere and, since it's mainly by appointment, not NEARLY as long of a wait. Grady can tell some COOL stories of some of the people he services on a regular basis, including (I believe) a member of Britian's Parliament (or if not Parliament, it's still a REALLY high level position in the UK's government).

JEDIsney

BRER STITCH said:

I generally head directly back home to shower or at least wash my hair after a cut.

I feel the same way, and do the exact same thing. I'm very obsessive (I have a mild case of OCD), and everything has to be perfect for me, including the little hairs on my shirt and neck after I get a haircut.

But I am dying to get my hair cut on Main Street.

I'm planning on being at the Magic Kingdom when the park opens, and then running to the shop, first thing. Is that a good idea? That way, I can have my hair however they do it for the rest of the day.

I have another question, as well. I usually get my hair cut about a week before I go to Disney (remember, everything always has to be perfect for me), so when I get there, I probably won't need another one. Do they just do only haircuts, or would they just trim my hair? I'm mostly interested in the colored gel and fairy dust that they put in your hair. So my question is what do they do to you if you don't necessarily need a haircut?

csm7030

I always wanted to do it and finally did. It was cool. I even got the red mickey on the back with gel. After a long day, I forgot about it when I went to bed. I woke up the next morning with a perfect red mickey on the pillow! The line can get really long. We tried back two days in a row to find it short enough to wait.

Videoteck

lol I actualy got outta there without being attacked with that pixy dust the barber was chasing me around in the center of mainstreet. I aint lying either!

mdisney

i can not wait to get my haircut there. I am a cast member so I can go underground to get it cut, but I rather have my hair cut with the guest since its more magical that way.

MKCP 1985

Videoteck said:
lol I actualy got outta there without being attacked with that pixy dust the barber was chasing me around in the center of mainstreet. I aint lying either!
yeah, but that was to get you to pay your bill! :rolleyes:

Aww, now I feel sooo left out, I wasn't offered gel OR pixie dust!!

My barber did, however, put a generous amount of pixie dust in the bag he put my special 'souvenier' in...

But why on earth would I want to keep a nasty, 6 inch long hank of my hair? Even if it was covered in glitter??

iheartdisney91

i think the idea is cute but you dont go to disney for a haircut, or do you?:rolleyes: yuch you keep your hair? wonder what people would think if they saw someone holding their hair? LETS TRY IT!!

iheartdisney91 said:
i think the idea is cute but you dont go to disney for a haircut, or do you?:rolleyes: yuch you keep your hair? wonder what people would think if they saw someone holding their hair? LETS TRY IT!!

Well, I didn't keep it voluntarily....when I told the barber that I had waited over 2 years to cut my hair exclusively at Disney World, he decided I needed to keep some of it, to preserve the memory or whatever. I didn't want to dissapoint him by being like "Groooss, no!" and I felt creepy throwing it an ordinary trach can...so I shoved it in my backpack, forgot about it, and now had a nice little bag of "Magic" sitting in my bedroom ;) :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom