Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is open

MarkTwain

Is the ride still closing early every day? We tried to ride it a few weeks ago and heard the line was cut off for the day around 3pm. We're hoping to try again tomorrow.

Disneyhead'71

Is the ride still closing early every day? We tried to ride it a few weeks ago and heard the line was cut off for the day around 3pm. We're hoping to try again tomorrow.
For the past 2 weeks it has been staying open until an hour before park close. And they have consistently running 10 trains without problems. They had some downtime yesterday when they added an 11th train. But they got it back up and ran 11 trains until close.

jmv5010

For the past 2 weeks it has been staying open until an hour before park close. And they have consistently running 10 trains without problems. They had some downtime yesterday when they added an 11th train. But they got it back up and ran 11 trains until close.
The parks closed at 8 tonight and they let us get in line at 7:50. It took about 30 mins from line to exit.

Rob562

Looks like they finally got this ride striaghtened out?

What is the maximum amount of trains they can run on the tracks? Disneyhead said they added an 11th train which seems to be a lot to me.

I thought I'd read 12 trains was the max number they were looking to hit.

-Rob

Tom Morrow

The Universal app still lists that you should be in line before 3:00pm on days when the park closes at 7:00 or 8:00, however they seem to run until about an hour or an hour and a half before park close now. Occasionally recently it actually has stayed open until park close.

JoeCamel

Looks like they finally got this ride striaghtened out?

What is the maximum amount of trains they can run on the tracks? Disneyhead said they added an 11th train which seems to be a lot to me.
12 trains but it is not expected they will not get them all on the track at once. I personally thought they would stop at 10 and run it that way for a while but it looks like they are pushing the limits.

Tom Morrow

I guess I have to eat my words a little about how Universal Handled Hagrid's... I find the way Disney is currently handling the opening of Rise to be abysmal. From flat out lying about when the park opens to allowing people to camp over three hours before scheduled open. People keep arriving earlier and earlier. No matter how early you show up, there's no guarantee you'll get to ride. And that's before the park even opens.

seascape

I guess I have to eat my words a little about how Universal Handled Hagrid's... I find the way Disney is currently handling the opening of Rise to be abysmal. From flat out lying about when the park opens to allowing people to camp over three hours before scheduled open. People keep arriving earlier and earlier. No matter how early you show up, there's no guarantee you'll get to ride. And that's before the park even opens.
What can Disney, Universal or any other themepark operator do? People show up early and if the parking lot is not open, traffic backs up on to local roards causing safety problems. Therefore, the police order the gates open. This happens at Six Flags Great Adventure all the time on weekends, why would it be any different in Orlando? Both Disney and Universal do a great job of handling crowds and do the best they can to be fair to all their guests.

Tom Morrow

What can Disney, Universal or any other themepark operator do? People show up early and if the parking lot is not open, traffic backs up on to local roards causing safety problems. Therefore, the police order the gates open. This happens at Six Flags Great Adventure all the time on weekends, why would it be any different in Orlando? Both Disney and Universal do a great job of handling crowds and do the best they can to be fair to all their guests.
I don't know why everyone suddenly thinks Disney is incapable of preventing people from entering their parking lots now. You set up some cones, station a security personnel, you tell people to keep driving until the parking lot would normally open. An official statement that this is happening and a few days of implementation and people would get the hint and stop showing up at 5:00 AM.

seascape

I don't know why everyone suddenly thinks Disney is incapable of preventing people from entering their parking lots now. You set up some cones, station a security personnel, you tell people to keep driving until the parking lot would normally open. An official statement that this is happening and a few days of implementation and people would get the hint and stop showing up at 5:00 AM.
People who show up at 5AM are crazy but by having a themepark, Disney created the crowds and would be sued for any accident caused by backed up traffic. The police have the authority to order parking lots open for safety. Disney could allow trafic to back up from the toll booth to the main road but once it backed onto the local road they would be ordered yo open the gates. even if no one was there to collect the parking fee. All themeparks have to deal with this type of problem but Universal and Disney have bigger problems because of their huge attendance.

Tom Morrow

People who show up at 5AM are crazy but by having a themepark, Disney created the crowds and would be sued for any accident caused by backed up traffic. The police have the authority to order parking lots open for safety. Disney could allow trafic to back up from the toll booth to the main road but once it backed onto the local road they would be ordered yo open the gates. even if no one was there to collect the parking fee. All themeparks have to deal with this type of problem but Universal and Disney have bigger problems because of their huge attendance.
The answer is much more simple than this. You block off the roads that lead into the Studios parking plaza. You station a security vehicle and maybe a traffic controller. People aren't going to riot or try to plow through the barricade, they'll just keep driving. The influx of people at park open on New Years Eve is far greater than what DHS is seeing right now, yet they don't allow people to park super early for that. They just staff accordingly and prepare for the crowds.

It's also funny because Disney built new overpasses and engineered new traffic patterns for DHS, built a massive new entrance road for it, built a new toll plaza for it, doubled the size of the parking lot, built a new mass transit system to the park, revamped the entrance to be huge and open, built a massive new security checkpoint, AND widened the walkways inside the park itself - all for this exact reason. And now they're suddenly acting like they can't handle it unless they let people park when they want to and open early.

And now I'm hearing that the ROTR boarding passes were once again completely booked before 8:00 AM. Yes, before the advertised park opening.

Last edited:

cheezbat

The answer is much more simple than this. You block off the roads that lead into the Studios parking plaza. You station a security vehicle and maybe a traffic controller. People aren't going to riot or try to plow through the barricade, they'll just keep driving. The influx of people at park open on New Years Eve is far greater than what DHS is seeing right now, yet they don't allow people to park super early for that. They just staff accordingly and prepare for the crowds.

It's also funny because Disney built new overpasses and engineered new traffic patterns for DHS, built a massive new entrance road for it, built a new toll plaza for it, doubled the size of the parking lot, built a new mass transit system to the park, revamped the entrance to be huge and open, built a massive new security checkpoint, AND widened the walkways inside the park itself - all for this exact reason. And now they're suddenly acting like they can't handle it unless they let people park when they want to and open early.

And now I'm hearing that the ROTR boarding passes were once again completely booked before 8:00 AM. Yes, before the advertised park opening.
As long as they keep allowing people to get here super early, it’s going to happen.

Today was my third try and I got here right before 6am...made it into a boarding group, but the boarding groups are moving at a snails pace...so who knows when I’ll get on...

Prince-1

People who show up at 5AM are crazy but by having a themepark, Disney created the crowds and would be sued for any accident caused by backed up traffic.

Well you are consistently proving that you are wrong about many topics. Anyone can basically sue anyone for almost any reason but in no possible way would Disney be found responsible.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Im becoming convinced you are an hourly worker or student who simply doesnt have a flexible schedule and are sour over your inability to show up later in the day and get in line. You pouted endlessly about uncertainty for “if i can on...” for hagrids... and you’re doing the same thing about RoTR.

Just do what is necessary and move on already.

imperius

Disney is doing it better by doing the virtual line. Universal dropped the ball on saying they were gonna do it and then not. Yeah you might not ride, but you can at least go ride other things while waiting.

BrianLo

I'm not tracking your logic here. If they turned everyone away at 5am, they'd still have roughly the same number of people by 8.

Is the complaint that it is a virtual queue?

MarkTwain

The Universal app still lists that you should be in line before 3:00pm on days when the park closes at 7:00 or 8:00, however they seem to run until about an hour or an hour and a half before park close now. Occasionally recently it actually has stayed open until park close.

That's the problem we've been having then - the app has been showing it as closed or "filled to capacity" every day starting at 3. I guess it's just a matter of app vs. real life then.

Tom Morrow

Im becoming convinced you are an hourly worker or student who simply doesnt have a flexible schedule and are sour over your inability to show up later in the day and get in line. You pouted endlessly about uncertainty for “if i can on...” for hagrids... and you’re doing the same thing about RoTR.

Just do what is necessary and move on already.
It's true that I don't have a flexible schedule that makes early mornings easy to do. I do get that people on vacation who are willing to get up early are their main concern. Despite the Hagrid's opening being a mess, I was able to ride about four days after it opened by showing up one evening and waiting two hours. My main complaint about Hagrid's since after it's first two weeks has been that
I'm not tracking your logic here. If they turned everyone away at 5am, they'd still have roughly the same number of people by 8.

Is the complaint that it is a virtual queue?
Basically...

Disney is allowing people to camp out super early. This creates a big mob of people since word spread that you have to get there early to get the boarding passes. This in turn has made Disney decide to push the park opening earlier. First, they secretly opened it at 6:30 for a 9:00 posted opening. Then, they moved the official opening ton 8:00 but still opened at 6:30. This was ultra unfair to everyone not in the know because it resulted in the passes being gone before the official park open.

As of yesterday or the day before they changed the official opening to 7:00, still opening at 6:30. This is a little more fair because at least now people not following the situation can still prepare by getting there at opening.

They wouldn’t have had to keep pushing it earlier and earlier if they just stopped allowing people to park super early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom