Guys, I froze!!!

Kelsybelle..you exercised some real willpower and I admire you... I've always dreamed of a moment like that but now that I hear your story I think that I would have reacted in a similar way!! I think your husband will really respect the way you acted! You'll have to let us know how this turns out!! I'm sure whatever the outcome you'll be happy with the way you handled it!!

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
I am sure you can still find everything you need to pull it off, I mean its only been one day.

Your absolutely right!

I think you did the right thing as well. I like you, would have been up all night wondering.

It was a long night!!!

He may say that you are right and decide it is best you all do not go then..or he may say he feels that a short vacation is what is needed to help him relax...

Let us know..:)

I'll definatley keep you posted!

I wouldn't call it "freezing", I think you were just trying to be sensible. Plus - if you have never been in October, you will be there in time for the Food & Wine Festival,

Sensible does sound better than freezing! I have been in October but I've never done the F&WF

Personally, I would have booked it (with some number crunching). Your husband needs his "Down Time" away form the stresses of the job. If he says "book it", I would do it at once ( and look into getting an Annual Pass for one [if not both of you, if you don't already have]). The savings for the AP room rate (if you go deluxe) will cover the cost of the passes themselves (depending on you lenght of stay) and/or make your your return visit cheaper.

I can see that side of it too! Thanks for playing Devil's Advocate!

Just book room only, or offsite. The cancellation policies aren't nearly as severe. You can always get your tickets the night before you leave and pick up at will call. (It takes about 30 seconds with the machines.)

Thats a great idea too! That is another great option!

I'm sure it was hard holding back, I mean we are talking DISNEY here! :ROFLOL:

Right?! Don't mess with my Disney!

You are a very sweet girl! I can tell you want to do the right thing for your family and still care that everyone is happy.
You know that fake trip - plan it for awhile and maybe it will become a real one if the numbers crunch right!

Thank you! Now about that fake trip, I also got us a special viewing everynight at the French Island Upper for drinks and dessert while we watch Illuminations!

... Here and i was thinking that you became Jabba's favorite wall decoration....

Umm, I think I missed something here?!:lookaroun

I think you're probably overthinking it.
If he indicated a need for a quickie October trip....it may be very necessary for him to have to make the current dreary days tolerable.

Why not give Kingdom Konsultants a call and see what bargains might be available. October is one of my favorite times to go!

I tend to do that! Thanks for the Kingdom Konsultants tip!

I would have froze too!! How exciting would that have been. I would also bring it up again and talk a little more about it. Good luck! I hope you get to go!!! :wave:

Thanks Katybug! :wave:

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
Only you know him though, so you are probably the best judge for answering that question.

This is true!
it really helps sometimes when you can get away from your problems even for a little while.

Disney is such a great escape!

If I had to sacrifice anything, it would be the wife, time for a newer model anyway.
:eek:!

Kelsybelle..you exercised some real willpower and I admire you... I've always dreamed of a moment like that but now that I hear your story I think that I would have reacted in a similar way!! I think your husband will really respect the way you acted! You'll have to let us know how this turns out!! I'm sure whatever the outcome you'll be happy with the way you handled it!!

Thank you!!! I didn't see this coming at all, hence me freezing with my hands glued to the keyboard of my computer!

fosse76

I think you are creating drama where none exists. He was fully aware and awake when he told you to book a trip in October. If he had been sleeping and you had awakened him and suggested it, then there would some question. You would not have been acting inappropriately by booking a trip. I am glad I am not married, having to get approval to do anything really cramps my style.

disneymyway

I think you are creating drama where none exists. He was fully aware and awake when he told you to book a trip in October. If he had been sleeping and you had awakened him and suggested it, then there would some question. You would not have been acting inappropriately by booking a trip. I am glad I am not married, having to get approval to do anything really cramps my style.

Wow talk about creating drama where none exists! :eek:

She's not talking about anyone getting approval for anything. She's talking about being a team as a couple, being fiscally responsible, and just trying not to be too impulsive with their money.

She just wants to make sure he really is serious and that they have the money to do it.

Too many people go to WDW with money they don't have! When I read about people putting whole vacations on credit cards with no real plan to pay it back it makes me sad. We never went until our daughter was 6 - not because we didn't think she was old enough but because we didn't think we could afford it.

It pays to watch your pennies. We're older now and we are seeing the benefits from not overspending when we were young.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Naa dont worry just do it and live with the consequences, if they cant take a joke they shouldnt have said I do

danpam1024

I think I would've booked it, then been freaking out about the money until October :ROFLOL:. Hot dogs and Mac and cheese for dinner every night, and you can do it!!!! I agree w/ the reply about the AP, since you'll need it for your big trip in May, maybe you'll save $ on both trips:) Is he home yet?:shrug:

mrerk

Premium Member
I think I would've booked it, then been freaking out about the money until October :ROFLOL:. Hot dogs and Mac and cheese for dinner every night, and you can do it!!!! I agree w/ the reply about the AP, since you'll need it for your big trip in May, maybe you'll save $ on both trips:) Is he home yet?:shrug:

That's my rationale as well. Already got the AP, room is paid for (DVC) just have to find a cheap airfare.

Uponastar

Wow talk about creating drama where none exists! :eek:

She's not talking about anyone getting approval for anything. She's talking about being a team as a couple, being fiscally responsible, and just trying not to be too impulsive with their money.

She just wants to make sure he really is serious and that they have the money to do it.

Too many people go to WDW with money they don't have! When I read about people putting whole vacations on credit cards with no real plan to pay it back it makes me sad. We never went until our daughter was 6 - not because we didn't think she was old enough but because we didn't think we could afford it.

It pays to watch your pennies. We're older now and we are seeing the benefits from not overspending when we were young.

Exactly right!
Kelsybelle has her head screwed on straight and is not impulsive. Very admirable.
No one is asking for permission. She just wants to talk about it again before jumping into something they might not be able to afford.
She's a smart girlie!

GenerationX

Heh, MousDad.

OK, let's get this straight. The hubby practically begs you to book a Disney trip, and you turn him down? :eek:

Revoke her WDWMagic membership!

:lookaroun :D ;)

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
The answer is.......

Well guys, the jurys out.......

We had a long talk and decided to stick to our planned trip in May, 09!
He is very thankful that I had restraint and didn't book anything. It's funny because for once he was impulsive and I had restraint, which is so the opposite of us!!! (He is our CFO and I have a habit of bringing home "magic beans!")
I'm not sad about it because we are still planning our trip in May with a stay at The Beach Club and I can't wait!

Thanks for all your kind words and responses!!!
{HUGS} to you all!!! :kiss:

dragonfox98

KelsyBelle,
I wanted to wait to respond until you posted the update. I admire your restraint - something I could never do! LOL Have fun with your trip planning until May and I do hope you get to go for the F&WF in the future (as much as the weather sucked for us last year, the festival was fabualous - lots and lots of different and exciting foods to try!).

As for Timekeeper - I don't think anyone else had a problem with her posting where she did (as you can see by our responses).

And I think MousDad is right, Pumbas Nakasak - that is you in COP! LOL :D

You all have a great day!

sublimesting

You're asking if you SHOULD have taken advantage of your husband?! The answer is always "No!" Don't EVER take advantage of a spouse. Secondly, I wouldn't have thought about it all night or fretted about it in any way, I would have discussed the situation. If that discussion had to wait until the next day then so be it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You're asking if you SHOULD have taken advantage of your husband?! The answer is always "No!" Don't EVER take advantage of a spouse. Secondly, I wouldn't have thought about it all night or fretted about it in any way, I would have discussed the situation. If that discussion had to wait until the next day then so be it.

Correct, a good wife knows her place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom