Guests at Pools

NormC

As long as they are with a parent and sit still. If they want to play then get in the pool. Hot tubs are for adults to relax in. Disney lowers their tub temps for child safety. Other hotels ban children completely because it is not healthy for them at normal hot tub temps.

TwisterMomma

Original Poster
It was sarcasm so who looks silly?

Get your toddlers out of the hot tub. It is not a kiddie pool.

Seriously? You're rebuking a complete stranger over the internet on a message board? You sure showed me. I'm definitely going to plan our next vacation and future behavior around the rude statements of an internet stranger. If these are really the things that get you worked up in life, you really need to gain some perspective.

FWIW, he was being supervised by my mother who was sitting right next to him. I would never let him go alone nor would I let him disturb others. I wouldn't let the 18 month old in--he likes to splash. The 3 year old is my wimp who doesn't like to go on most rides or any slides and wont let go of us in the pool--he literally sat next to my mother in a life jacket and chilled for 20 minutes before we left. I'm sorry that is so offensive to you.

NormC

Nothing I said was rude. Sorry you misinterpreted my sarcasm and nothing offended me either. Did you even read my other response?

TwisterMomma

Original Poster
@NormC I'm sorry, I did misinterpret your first response and just saw your other one now. Sadly, it seems like something someone would say or do in this thread.

Honestly, though we really enjoyed our trip, the kid to adult ratio at Disney World was kind of surprising. My kids are normally pretty well behaved and we are not afraid to remove them from the situation, but the setup is perfect for meltdowns in young children. We did okay, but I felt more pressure than I thought I would simply because there were so many adults everywhere and we didn't want to disturb anyone on their vacation. It's definitely kid friendly, but not as kid friendly as I thought it would be. Outside of Fantasyland, I saw way more adults than children.

durangojim

I didn't read through the entire thread but I can say from experience, Poly last month, YC past December, and GF last July. We've had friends come and swim with us for a day each of those trips. All we've done is gone to the front desk at each resort and tell them we have friends coming for the day and we'd like to give them access to our room for the day and would it be possible for them to be able to swim with us. They gave us 2 grey magic bands linked to our room (not able to charge) and that was that.

21stamps

I didn't read through the entire thread but I can say from experience, Poly last month, YC past December, and GF last July. We've had friends come and swim with us for a day each of those trips. All we've done is gone to the front desk at each resort and tell them we have friends coming for the day and we'd like to give them access to our room for the day and would it be possible for them to be able to swim with us. They gave us 2 grey magic bands linked to our room (not able to charge) and that was that.

Wow that's pretty cool actually. Both of my guests on the reservation- one 2 nights, the other 3 nights, were not given magic bands, only key cards.

Weather_Lady

Great to know! My sister and her family will be at WDW during our next trip to WDW (we're all staying onsite, just at different hotels) and we were hoping to spend a "pool day" together at their resort or ours. I'm hoping that if, for example, we visit my sister's family at their resort, we might be allowed to use the pool as "day guests" of my sister's family, or vice versa. Now I know how to go about seeking permission. :)

Last edited:

durangojim

Great to know! My sister and her family will be at WDW during our next trip to WDW (we're all staying onsite, just at different hotels) and we were hoping to spend a "pool day" together at their resort or ours. I'm hoping that if, for example, we visit my sister's family at their resort, we might be allowed to use the pool as "day guests" of my sister's family, or vice versa. Now I know how to go about seeking permission. :)
I think, as with almost anything, if you're humble and nice people will be nice back. I don't know if my experience is official Disney policy but we've never had any issues. Have a great time!

Ted Daggett

A sign is not a rule book, or set of laws. A sign is a guideline. Some signs need to be obeyed verbatim, a stop sign for example. There is a law that states if you see this sign you must stop a certain distance before the sign before proceeding. Other signs, like a sign that indicates that if you have several medical / health conditions you should not ride Dumbo do not have to be followed verbatim. These signs are there for liability protection. So, unless you can point to which law is being broken when a guest who has received permission from a resort to bring a non-guest to the pool brings a non-guest to the pool I suggest you take your little ball and go home.

I wonder how many people Shower before they enter the pool, as required per the sign. Maybe disney should start monitoring that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom