Rumor Guest temp check at bag check?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
For Corona that is what they are saying. If you have 99.6 to stay home.
Really? I'm in trouble then because when I get a upset/worry wart headache my temp is easily 99.6 and then goes down after I take something and the headache goes away.
I've gotten 3 of these types of headaches in the past 3 weeks and then I get scared I'm sick but then I'm fine.

John park hopper

Really? I'm in trouble then because when I get a upset/worry wart headache my temp is easily 99.6 and then goes down after I take something and the headache goes away.
Something to consider someone could have a fever take Advil and bring the fever down to "normal" range test normal and get in the park. not all people can be trusted to do the right thing

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I also think the bag checks are useless...but people get a sense of comfort from them.

This would do the same thing: a headfake

I agree I think both are useless but I'll take the path of least resistance to get my Disney fix lol.
I've always said what is to stop someone from having a bomb or gun and killing everyone crammed into the bag check area.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Something to consider someone could have a fever take Advil and bring the fever down to "normal" range test normal and get in the park. not all people canoe trusted to do the right thing

I take Advil every morning before I head out to the parks and every evening when I get back to the room so I guess maybe I wouldn't have a fever.
I take it because it tends to help prevent the aches and pains from becoming overwhelming.

_caleb

Airports in Korea, China, and Singapore have checked temperatures of arriving passengers for a long time now. They use thermal-imaging cameras that can track several people at a time (as they walk by- no waiting in lines) and are very accurate. This is not theater—in fact, most people never realize their temperature is being checked.

People who register temperatures higher than "normal" may be pulled aside for additional screening. These systems have been in use since the early 2000s and are credited with reducing the spread of SARS and Swine Flu. If Disney installs systems like these, they will be more than temporary measures.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would say if you have a fever at that 100.4 threshold they would pull you aside for a rapid 15 minute test for the virus. My thought is - what if you have a fever at the resort, actually have the virus and have ridden the bus to the park? Maybe the temp check should be at the resort instead.
And if you don’t have a fever at checkin on Sunday...but carry it and develop mild symptoms...then you may be contaminating all over the bar at a DVC prop I might be sitting at.

And then I won’t buy you a drink at the gurgling suitcase...which I typically do 😡

TrojanUSC

And if you don’t have a fever at checkin on Sunday...but carry it and develop mild symptoms...then you may be contaminating all over the bar at a DVC prop I might be sitting at.

And then I won’t buy you a drink at the gurgling suitcase...which I typically do 😡

1 out of 4 people who got the virus likely got it from an asymtopatic carrier. These checks are nothing more than theater.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Taking temps is a false sense of safety - if they do this it’ll mainly be a facade because of a need to visibly look like they are doing something

some may have it before showing a fever
some may have it and never get a fever
and are we going to be standing in lines to do this before we know if someone has it behind or in front of us?

I get the need the look like they are trying to do something to make guests feel safer...but...

Jon81uk

Sign with your finger on the screen, security cast member wipes down after each guest. Takes 2 seconds.

But its entirely pointless. Why do it at all. What exactly are people signing? You can have the virus and show no symptoms so signing to say you are healthy is pointless unless you have had a test to show you are immunue through having it in the past, in which case you have a system similar to China where you get a government issued App the shows whether you are allowed out or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom