Rumor Guest Boat Rentals Not Returning

Archie123

I am still ****ed about the Must Do channel being gone and in it's replacement ads for ABC shows so this doesn't surprise me at all. I have said it before Disney is doing everything in their power to be generic. At this point I would just as soon go to Holiday World at least there I can get free sunscreen and soda.

So when is your next trip back to Disney? ;)

Last edited:

peter11435

I am still ****ed about the Must Do channel being gone and in it's replacement ads for ABC shows so this doesn't surprise me at all. I have said it before Disney is doing everything in their power to be generic. At this point I would just as soon go to Holiday World at least there I can get free sunscreen and soda.
That’s only gone due to the pandemic. It will return. The company clips channel that is currently in its places has existed for about two decades on another channel and was just spotted in to fill the space until things return to normal

tpac24

That’s only gone due to the pandemic. It will return. The company clips channel that is currently in its places has existed for about two decades on another channel and was just spotted in to fill the space until things return to normal
I wouldn't know because it never left the Must Do station! ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member
It’s funny that you frame this as a cost cut. This was a service guests paid for. If the rentals were profitable then it wouldn’t exactly be a cost cut. And if they were not profitable then they really shouldn’t come back in their previous form.

You gotta spend money to make money.

It's also called an 'amenity' at other comparable resorts.

But if you put baby in a corner... you get what you want.

Disney stopped nurturing the idea of a resort long ago - this isn't really shocking. Relaxing away from the parks isn't in the image anymore.

StarshipDisney

They need to find some actual perks to on-site Deluxe resorts STAT. Maybe actually reopen all the dining and reserve some percentage of resort hotel dining for guests staying there?
Totally agree. We are staying offsite for the first time ever on our next trip. Four seasons. The amenities blow wdw resorts out of the water

Also agree. Staying at the Embassy Suites since the Contemporary Resort is so "not worth it" right now.

Nubs70

This has been happening for a long time now, gradually being removed. I’m interested in the reason, as it would seem like it would be profitable.
From a financial engineering perspective, are the boats profitable enough?

If the boats are profitable but at a margin that is less than target, the boats are a drag on overall margin and thus must be eliminated.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The marina at the Contemporary was run by Sammy Duvall. They pulled out before Covid, not sure if they went out of business or just pulled out of the Contemporary marina.
1620073620229.png

Gringrinngghost

To my understanding they filmed or we're going to film a new one with a new group since they were using host footage that was nearly 10 years old for it.

KeithVH

You gotta spend money to make money.

It's also called an 'amenity' at other comparable resorts.

But if you put baby in a corner... you get what you want.

Disney stopped nurturing the idea of a resort long ago - this isn't really shocking. Relaxing away from the parks isn't in the image anymore.

The emphasis above is probably one of the saddest statements I have ever read here. Not saying it's wrong just incredibly depressing.

castlecake2.0

The marina at the Contemporary was run by Sammy Duvall. They pulled out before Covid, not sure if they went out of business or just pulled out of the Contemporary marina.
They hosted the water sports, not the general boat rentals. General boat rentals are still listed on the WDW website with prices currently.

TrojanUSC

I believe elements of it were, while other elements were operated by Disney (eg pontoon rentals, Fireworks cruises, etc).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom