Rumor Guest Boat Rentals Not Returning

tpac24

I am still ed about the Must Do channel being gone and in it's replacement ads for ABC shows so this doesn't surprise me at all. I have said it before Disney is doing everything in their power to be generic. At this point I would just as soon go to Holiday World at least there I can get free sunscreen and soda.

Animaniac93-98

From a Disney business standpoint, absolutely.

However, part of the reason WDW became such a beloved vacation destination was all of the things they offered, even if they weren't always turning a profit (like the unique shops that used to be part of the show in the parks).

Which you think Disney's outrageous hotel prices would compensate for.

ImperfectPixie

You're right, that's what most sensible businesses would do. The key word is sensible. I firmly believe that corporate Burbank tells Disney world we need profits up by 5% and then team Orlando raises everything up to get their 5% profit, but along the way they lose sales due to higher prices and do not generate the profit they had in mind which then causes them to raise a little bit more to finally hit their threshold. I think it's a case of no one in management wanting to make a name for themselves, in a negative way, by saying we are deliberately raising our prices too high and that's affecting our overall profitability. If we lowered the prices, while we would make less on each item, we would sell a lot more and would more than make up the per item lost profit. My economics classes in college all hammered that in to me. I really think it's a case of Orlando management not wanting to go out on the limb and say that we've hit a threshold and can't go any higher.

How would you like to be the manager to stick out your neck and say that our prices are too high and if we lower them we could make more money overall. Economics says yes but if for some reason it doesn't work you're on unemployment.
I should add that improving efficiency is sort of a "thing" for me, even if it isn't in my job description. I love the challenge.

jt04

Not surprised if this is true. We live in an era of lawsuits from paper cuts after all. This will also allow payroll cuts. And I'm sure the insurance companies were taking Disney for a ride. And Disney can claim this is the greener choice.🌲🌲🌲🌲🌴🐟🐙🐚

Robbydj13

The kind that causes them to know that no matter what they get rid of people will be back en masse.
Theres certain limitations to that. But your point is valid, but as far as the boat rentals go....having stayed and many resorts offering boat rentals, I have never once even had interest in renting one. Now I know some do, and thats great, but Im guessing the boat rentals aren't as popular as people believe they are.

Prince-1

Theres certain limitations to that. But your point is valid, but as far as the boat rentals go....having stayed and many resorts offering boat rentals, I have never once even had interest in renting one. Now I know some do, and thats great, but Im guessing the boat rentals aren't as popular as people believe they are.

So far there has been no limitations to what I see. People will complain and moan and then open their wallets for that family vacation. Just with no boats among many other things.

NeedMoreMickey

We rented the small boats at wilderness lodge a couple years ago and I’m pretty sure it was run by an outside company. Maybe they are like many other companies and didn’t survive the pandemic.

Goof-Man

A couple of years ago we tried to rent a boat at CB (before they took them away) the caste member talked me out of using the coupon they gave me because it had better value on the bigger lake at the grand Floridian- never made it there and never used my coupon. Talked himself out of a sale. At the time it didn’t seem like they wanted guests to use the service.

TrojanUSC

Which boat rentals are we talking about? All boats? Just the smaller Sea Racers? Or the larger pontoon boats? The pontoon boats were profitable as they could be rented during the day by guests or in the evening as private fireworks cruises (where a Disney CM would take guests out on the lake for a tour and then a view of the fireworks, either at Epcot or MK).

TrainsOfDisney

It’s important to remember that just because something is profitable at Disney, doesn’t mean Disney won’t close it because of a budget cut.

Restaurants in the Magic Kingdom are profitable, but if you close them and send all of the guests to a fewer number of restaurants you’ll decrease overhead costs.

flutas

They need to find some actual perks to on-site Deluxe resorts STAT. Maybe actually reopen all the dining and reserve some percentage of resort hotel dining for guests staying there?

FWIW, a few weeks back (early April) I know the contemporary had limits put in place, so that mobile order was only available for guests staying at the resort. Not sure if that was a demand thing, or what, but I know they *can* do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom