Rumor Guest Boat Rentals Not Returning

ImperfectPixie

That is insane to me. Some people must have zero fear.
Along the same lines, there are places in the world where you can pay to dive and feed wild sharks. It's marketed as being completely safe, etc. etc. and it's been gaining in popularity for some time.

What they don't tell you is that sharks in those areas are attacking people with more frequency because now they're associating humans with free food.

CosmicRays

Along the same lines, there are places in the world where you can pay to dive and feed wild sharks. It's marketed as being completely safe, etc. etc. and it's been gaining in popularity for some time.

What they don't tell you is that sharks in those areas are attacking people with more frequency because now they're associating humans with free food.
Those companies must have really good insurance policies.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I'm 99.9% sure it was. I went after 1986 and caught the boat from MK to it with a girlfriend I took and certainly didn't pay.
It appears it was in the 70s
DIslandTick2.PNG

DIslandTick.PNG

And in 1993
DIslandTick3.PNG

Disone

wasn't free - but was frequently bundled in the later years to be in effect.. free.
Agree. They included it on a lot of bundels. Water Parks, Fun and More, Park Hopper +, and other such tix.

Back to the boats.... The mice are gone. They have been quite literally sent to the scrap heap. There is some hope around bringing pontoon boats back, but not soon. It is not a high priority.

Last edited:

Deadphish

There are state regulations regarding the removal and moving of alligators. They still remove alligators when necessary and regulations permit. They never stopped.

Watercraft transportation between Fort Wilderness and Magic Kingdom still exists.

Swimming in resort lakes was stopped due to wildlife and health hazards.
Yes because they could reduce costs on control of the wildlife just like I said. No they did not end the swimming in the lakes in 1999-2000 because of a extremely rare amoeba attack that happened 20 years earlier in 1980. Three people have died riding mission space and they haven’t closed that. Until a couple of years ago Sammy duvals offered in the water activities, I hope you don’t believe being in the water at the resorts had health hazards but being in the water with skis on protected you from those same hazards. The difference was the beaches cost money and Sammy duval made money and when it finally didn’t they cut that too.

Last edited:

peter11435

Yes because they could reduce costs on control of the wildlife just like I said. No they did not end the swimming in the lakes in 1999-2000 because of a extremely rare amoeba attack that happened 20 years earlier in 1980. Three people have died riding mission space and they haven’t closed that. Until a couple of years ago Sammy duvals offered in the water activities, I hope you don’t believe being in the water at the resorts had health hazards but being in the water with skis on protected you from those same hazards. The difference was the beaches cost money and Sammy duval made money and when it finally didn’t they cut that too.
You are very misinformed.

They never stopped controlling wildlife in the lakes. But as I pointed out there are laws and regulations on when and how this can be done. They legally can not remove every gator in those lakes.

Water quality and health concerns were the primary reason swimming in the lakes was shut down. 1980 was far from the only time this was a concern in Florida. The issue became a hot topic in the region in the late 90’s. Here is one of many articles on the topic.

And actually yes.. being on water ski’s in the middle of the lake is generally safe unlike swimming in the shallow beach areas while disturbing the sediment. Which is specifically mentioned in this article from the same time period.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Agree. They included it on a lot of bundels. Water Parks, Fun and More, Park Hopper +, and other such tix.

Back to the boats.... The mice are gone. They have been quite literally sent to the scrap heap. There is some hope around bringing pontoon boats back, but not soon. It is not a high priority.
Meaning this year or longer? Going in October.

Mice/sprites being gone, so sad - glad I got my kids to ride them once. Another item that would likely still be here if Covid didnt happen. These weren't cheap (more like overpriced), so hard to believe they weren't profitable - albeit probably not driving much in total revenue.

I tend to blame it more on the collapse of risk tolerance in today's culture (I'd say that overused winter time precipitation word of which no two are alike but I don't want to be divisive). I guess I'll have to pin my hopes on the sluggish pontoons...How far the Disney fun has fallen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom