Guest banned from WDW for meth lab joke.

JourneysEnd

Understood, but they did conduct a raid, from what I read (assuming at Disney's request). Wouldn't that be logged and the outcome still reported?
Not sure how it's done in Florida. All you would normally see is an address, date, time, initial complaint, handled at scene.

JourneysEnd

Obviously Disney's not doing anything. Now he's calling on Disney to "tell their side" and asking people to call the "higher ups" to get Disney's attention.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I believe that's called stereotyping, which is generally frowned upon for any group. As usual, one or two bad apples have the tendency to spoil the whole bunch.

I would suggest that for any group, the ones who are the most visual, generally tend to be the ones on the fringe, and not necessarily representative of the other 99%. In short, I think ones own actions, not their group classification should be used to judge them.

I understand why this came into the conversation, but I think it borders on being an inflammatory statement that's not necessarily germane to the conversation.

There are many Christians who do not fit that profile, As Christ noted you will know them by their fruits, These are the people who care for orphans, sick and the elderly and yet never never talk about it because it's how they express their faith . In MY experience when someone loudly states they are a 'Christian' trouble is brewing because they are the modern equivalent of the Pharisee's (Josh Duggar anyone???, Jim Bakker, Hmmm)

GrumpyFan

There are many Christians who do not fit that profile, As Christ noted you will know them by their fruits, These are the people who care for orphans, sick and the elderly and yet never never talk about it because it's how they express their faith . In MY experience when someone loudly states they are a 'Christian' trouble is brewing because they are the modern equivalent of the Pharisee's (Josh Duggar anyone???, Jim Bakker, Hmmm)

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't think it's a topic suitable nor relevant to the discussion here.
Bringing the "religious beliefs" of this person into the discussion doesn't really help or add to the conversation in any way.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't think it's a topic suitable nor relevant to the discussion here.
Bringing the "religious beliefs" of this person into the discussion doesn't really help or add to the conversation in any way.

I think it is because Mr Swindle has loudly been noting he is a 'Christian' and like so many like him he seems to have a persecution complex irrespective of his rather offensive videos.

draybook

I waited almost an hour for a fellow to renew our APs at Disney Spring's Guest Services. At no time did I make any type of off color joke or ridiculous statements based upon my own impatience. Sure, on the inside I wanted to take the guy to Suplex City, but patience is a virture and it sounds like this guy needs a few helpings of it.

Goofyernmost

Kids involved? Sure, they should be excused.
As for his wife? I can't give her such an easy pass. If you choose to marry someone this unstable & trigger-happy in the anger dept., then you get the repercussions that go with it.

A simple rule of thumb: You don't mate with crazy.
I can testify for the fact that you don't always know about the crazy until you are well into the marriage. By then, you just have to deal with it or be considered a jerk. They have two kids that appear to be adopted. Another narrative enters into the scenario with that bit of fact. You do whatever you can to give them a family no matter how dysfunctional it seems to be from the outside.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I waited almost an hour for a fellow to renew our APs at Disney Spring's Guest Services. At no time did I make any type of off color joke or ridiculous statements based upon my own impatience. Sure, on the inside I wanted to take the guy to Suplex City, but patience is a virture and it sounds like this guy needs a few helpings of it.

Is it not amazing how long AP renewals now take, Glad I let mine expire previous to the MM+ it used to take 5-10 minutes and show your drivers license, Now it takes an hour or more at Guest services or one the phone.

draybook

Is it not amazing how long AP renewals now take, Glad I let mine expire previous to the MM+ it used to take 5-10 minutes and show your drivers license, Now it takes an hour or more at Guest services or one the phone.

Well, last year it only took about 10 minutes or so, but this time we had a fellow from Japan helping us. He was quite friendly and I wasn't really upset with him, but then again we had a semi complex situation. We were trading in our 10 day tickets from the package towards the AP renewal price. We planned on paying the difference with Disney gift cards and then cash for anything left over. This seemed to confuse him and he came up with 4 different prices. When he finally figured out the right price that I had been quoted over the phone, he kept asking how we were going to pay with EVERY card. It was almost comical.

The best part is that I somehow misplaced my new AP between Guest Services and the Christmas Store so I had to go back. Guess who I got to help me.......Luckily it only took him 2 minutes to print me up another card.

Gojira ゴジラ

This attitude applies everywhere, Disney isn't an exception. I see a lot of entitlements where people think they are the only one who pay an arm and a leg to be at Disney, hence they need to be treated as a royal, anything less than that is considered unacceptable. Suck to be him at the moment, but of all the options he had prior to getting banned, he went with the option to be a royal .

bslags95

I am glad that Disney takes security as seriously as they do. I have never felt unsafe anywhere on Disney property. There must have been more said than was released. My question to David is why he would say that in the first place? That is not a saying that just rolls off the tongue!

Gojira ゴジラ

I am glad that Disney takes security as seriously as they do. I have never felt unsafe anywhere on Disney property. There must have been more said than was released. My question to David is why he would say that in the first place? That is not a saying that just rolls off the tongue!

When people feel entitled, they will say some stupid things that -usually- they will regret -to some degree.

FettFan

He was playing on a theme here. The first time he called to complain, he stated that the room had a "heavy chemical smell" and kept asking if he was going to die in it. The second call, he tried to get an extra day, but was apparently not put on hold properly so he resorted to making jokes about the desk clerk before hanging up. The "could have built a meth lab" came on his THIRD call.

After digesting all the facts and listening to his sob story again, I'd wager that his being banned from WDW wasn't due to the meth lab joke by itself....it was his repeated phone-monkeying, which included outright harassment of Disney employee on the second call.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom