Guess whats in Nov. 09 Game Informer?

FigmentJedi

It's Epic MIckey. They emphasize the term Epic, plus the inkstain version of Mickey's head.

Also, I was thinking this was for October, not November. You sure?

JrBernal83

Original Poster
Well, its in the Oct issue, but will have a full article in the Nov issue. Issues should arrive middle of October.

FigmentJedi

Honestly...I'm guessing this game takes place in Disneyland/a warped version of Disneyland.

Warped version of all the Disney parks. There is that one picture of that giant whaleship with Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror and the Earful Tower on its back.

SirGoofy

Warped version of all the Disney parks. There is that one picture of that giant whaleship with Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror and the Earful Tower on its back.

An article I read also said not to expect everything from the art to be in the game.

FigmentJedi

An article I read also said not to expect everything from the art to be in the game.

I dunno, that megaship painting definitely looks like a massive key location to me.

Also, been hearing some rumors we're getting fully animated cutscenes in the game. There was some article on IGN that mentioned both Pixar and the Disney animation studio were contributing to the game.

monkeysammich

Pulled this off Kotaku this morning...

It should come as little surprise that Warren Spector and his Junction Point development studio have been working on Epic Mickey, a game half-revealed by rumor, concept art and sparse details. But now it's official.
Disney's Epic Mickey is also the subject of the latest issue of GameInformer magazine, which should appear in subscribers' mailboxes starting next week.
The Wii game, said to be a Mickey Mouse platformer that involves the painting and erasing of levels, a struggle by Disney's lower caste of characters to dethrone the mouse.
Based on the cover art from the latest GI, it looks that, if anything, Spector and crew have managed to create something visually intriguing, with the rumored gameplay mechanics only slightly less interesting.
GI also has a video interview with Spector up, in which he talks about his love for things Mickey Mouse. It's light on actual Epic Mickey game details, but heavy on Spector face time.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

I can only imagine what the inside of some of these levels are gonna be like. For instance, if you're walking through HM are you gonna be passing by empty doom buggies? Or will you be walking thru a waterless IASW

Some things Id like to see as well:

A fire-breathing grey figment with skeletal wings and glowing red eyes

A demonic Tinkerbell! shredded clothing leaving smoke behind rather than pixie dust

The sinister 11 in the HM

A resort level

2-headed dalmations

A hybrid Ariel/Ursula (basically Ariel with walking tentacles) using her singing for destruction

I can go on and on and on :hammer:

SirGoofy

I can only imagine what the inside of some of these levels are gonna be like. For instance, if you're walking through HM are you gonna be passing by empty doom buggies? Or will you be walking thru a waterless IASW

Some things Id like to see as well:

A fire-breathing grey figment with skeletal wings and glowing red eyes

A demonic Tinkerbell! shredded clothing leaving smoke behind rather than pixie dust

The sinister 11 in the HM

A resort level

2-headed dalmations

A hybrid Ariel/Ursula (basically Ariel with walking tentacles) using her singing for destruction

I can go on and on and on :hammer:

I'm really hoping for a Jungle Cruise level.:D

Paul1084

Not sure what all has been said in the previous posts (as I have no time to read them with an exam today!) here is what has been revealed so far about the game: (Credit to http://www.gonintendo.com

- Mickey's tools: paintbrushes, erasers, thinner, pencils and more
- tools mapped to Wiimote movements
- the game involves a world where forgotten Disney characters and rides disappear to
- the characters cast off into this world become bitter and broken-down
- Oswald the Rabbit runs this forgotten world
- Oswald is jealous of Mickey's popularity, and wants revenge
- The Phantom Blot is unleashed, and it's goal is to wipe out Mickey and the cartoon world
- The Phantom Blot starts to take over Mickey's world, and Mickey aims to stop him
- puzzle elements involved in saving the cartoon universe
- adventure and exploration
- Mickey will be getting a makeover that is quite retro-styled

FigmentJedi

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2009/10/16/epic-mickey-scans-details-from-game-informer/
Full summary, including the actual plot of the game (The Eurogamer leak was rather off on a lot of the details) from the Gameinformer article itself.

Basically Mickey's the one that accidentally unleashed Blot, having accidentally spilled paint and thinner over a world Yensid the Sorcerer created for the forgotten Disney character years ago. Making a quick fix before he notices, Mickey goes on to live his life of fame and fortune.
Years later it comes back to haunt him and the Blot pulls him through a mirror into this world, now in ruins after Oswald and his friends failed in their war against the Phantom Blot, living in exile near an area resembling It's a Small World. Mickey has to fix the world with the paintbrush and gain Oswald's trust to defeat the Blot.

The game also has a Karma system. Acting heroically and helping characters and rebuilding the world makes you look more like the modern Mickey while being destructive and unhelpful to people makes you look more like the original design of Mickey back when he was more of a jerk.

Wilt Dasney

Basically Mickey's the one that accidentally unleashed Blot, having accidentally spilled paint and thinner over a world Yensid the Sorcerer created for the forgotten Disney character years ago. Making a quick fix before he notices, Mickey goes on to live his life of fame and fortune.
Years later it comes back to haunt him and the Blot pulls him through a mirror into this world, now in ruins after Oswald and his friends failed in their war against the Phantom Blot, living in exile near an area resembling It's a Small World. Mickey has to fix the world with the paintbrush and gain Oswald's trust to defeat the Blot.
It just keeps getting better...concept-wise, anyway. I love this. Mickey has to go back and fix a problem he created way back at the front of his career, before any of us were born.

Also, how about this little tidbit from the link?

Gremlin Village is similar to “It’s a Small World”, where you can even hear an eerie version of the music.

As if that ride needed any help to creep people out. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom