Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

Anjin

I'll admit I prefer Tower of Terror's original theming to the redo.

They did make a strange choice with Guardians of the Galaxy, a series I've never watched and have no intention of ever watching. I'm still of the opinion they shouldn't have even changed it, but the ride itself is more fun.

There.
Funny that I'm quite the opposite. The GOTG films are my favorite from Marvel but I can't ever see myself on the ride. Drop rides freak me out.

D.Silentu

Not really. It’s all downhill from the initial shot up. Everything from there on are a series of smaller drops and not one that goes the entire distance of the shaft as it did in TOTs finale. TOT built up to something. The best part of MB is Rocket starting the music and the initial shot up.
I agree and I feel that minor changes to the ride would help maintain that initial excitement through to the very end. I've mentioned it before, but the elevator needs to be far more involved in the action some way. The music is great, but I think the designers counted on it adding more to the ride experience than it actually does. Here's the odd thing, Tower spent more of the ride in the dark, but in Guardians I'm far more aware that I'm in a drop ride. I think that's telling; Tower was much more of an engaging experience. Maybe because scenes like the vanishing mirror or disappearing hallway were awe inspiring as opposed to media on a screen the whole time, which everyone is aware of.

Since the screen isn't going anywhere, there remains the chance of adding gags to the space in front of it. Physical things, related to the scene depicted onscreen to make the action more dimensional. Somehow, the elevator needs to be interacting with the Guardians or the creatures they've set loose. We were invited to the party in the preshow, but the ride treats us like a wallflower. The attraction was a rush job, but seeing as time has passed I'm still crossing my fingers that they add some improvements for the opening of Avengers Campus.

mickEblu

I agree and I feel that minor changes to the ride would help maintain that initial excitement through to the very end. I've mentioned it before, but the elevator needs to be far more involved in the action some way. The music is great, but I think the designers counted on it adding more to the ride experience than it actually does. Here's the odd thing, Tower spent more of the ride in the dark, but in Guardians I'm far more aware that I'm in a drop ride. I think that's telling; Tower was much more of an engaging experience. Maybe because scenes like the vanishing mirror or disappearing hallway were awe inspiring as opposed to media on a screen the whole time, which everyone is aware of.

Since the screen isn't going anywhere, there remains the chance of adding gags to the space in front of it. Physical things, related to the scene depicted onscreen to make the action more dimensional. Somehow, the elevator needs to be interacting with the Guardians or the creatures they've set loose. We were invited to the party in the preshow, but the ride treats us like a wallflower. The ride was a rush job, but seeing as time has passed I'm still crossing my fingers that they add some improvements for the opening of Avengers Campus.

Good points and yes improvements like a new paint job!

Ugh. So disappointing we lost those 3D show scenes for flat 2D screens

mickEblu

Yes, especially that!

Such a short sighted move and waste of money. Whatever extra money they re making on GOTG merch probably hasn’t made a dent in what the overlay cost. Marvel Land would have been perfectly fine without GOTG:MB and they could have put that money toward the Spider-Man attraction. Of course, we don’t know the original plans and it has been rumored those were MarveL Land going in the eastern gateway project and backlot. I wonder if they knew that Marvel Land would end up in Bugs Land, if they still would have sacrificed TOT. MB could have been a temporary seasonal overlay until MarveL Land opened. Nobody would have lamented not having a oil refinery tower.

socalifornian

Such a short sighted move and waste of money. Whatever extra money they re making on GOTG merch probably hasn’t made a dent in what the overlay cost. Marvel Land would have been perfectly fine without GOTG:MB and they could have put that money toward the Spider-Man attraction. Of course, we don’t know the original plans and it has been rumored those were MarveL Land going in the eastern gateway project and backlot. I wonder if they knew that Marvel Land would end up in Bugs Land, if they still would have sacrificed TOT. MB could have been a temporary seasonal overlay until MarveL Land opened. Nobody would have lamented not having a oil refinery tower.
Ok so if they went with the inverted kuka, let’s say that it could’ve had a show building about the size of Forbidden Journey: ~2.15 acres. If they went completely below grade for at least the eastern half there would still be room for their planned stuff at grade next to the Avengers ride. This kind of layering and more is what a new Tomorrowland should have
EEFB1383-DE39-44F8-AFD7-240A8D276BD4.jpeg

SuddenStorm

Ok so if they went with the inverted kuka, let’s say that it could’ve had a show building about the size of Forbidden Journey: ~2.15 acres. If they went completely below grade for at least the eastern half there would still be room for their planned stuff at grade next to the Avengers ride. This kind of layering and more is what a new Tomorrowland should have
View attachment 401991

255 DLR visits? Dang bro... Kinda makes me wish I had a count of how many times I've been.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom