Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If you think the concept art is bad, you will hate every reveal.

If you think the concept art is good or OK, then keep in mind that this isn't finished.

SSG

Why are they going with Iron Man colors?
I'll give you two guesses and the first one doesn't count.

Avengers-mural.jpg

Curious Constance

It does remind me of an old organ. And that does seem Hollywoody to me. The colors don't bother me. It looks at least as good as it did before. I can sleep at night knowing the trolley will drive by that building. Everything is going to be just fine.

GiveMeTheMusic

When I was first told that DCA's TOT was getting a Marvel makeover, I thought oh well obviously it will become Stark Tower and get an Iron Man theme. Then I was told Guardians of the Galaxy and I was like...what?

Anyway, I think a Stark Tower theme would have been a better facade choice than the Collector's oil refinery.

Earl Sweatpants

When I was first told that DCA's TOT was getting a Marvel makeover, I thought oh well obviously it will become Stark Tower and get an Iron Man theme. Then I was told Guardians of the Galaxy and I was like...what?

Anyway, I think a Stark Tower theme would have been a better facade choice than the Collector's oil refinery.
The Avengers and subsequent first movie tower would have been a WAY better overlay IMO.

D

Deleted member 107043

There's far less ornamentation than I expected. They aren't done with the exposed section are they?

mickeyfan5534

On paper it may seem kind of choppy but if they can get clever (like how everything at Disneyland is butted up against each other and no one seems to complain) then I think it could work. If they don't like choppy then they have to figure out what the Hyperion is doing in the middle of the whole thing. Sure they can redo the exterior and facade but playing Disney animated musicals in the Middle of Marvel Land? Don't get wrong, still better than the thought of revolving Marvel musicals. I guess they could do some sort of Marvel stunt show ? But oddly enough that would still Make more sense in Hollywoodland.
Meh, theme it to a Broadway theatre (because 99% of these movies are in New York) and you're clear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom