Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Vegas Disney Fan

Watched this tonight’s and really enjoyed it, funny but with a lot of heart also.

I had no idea what to expect and was very pleasantly surprised.

Wendy Pleakley

Credit to Gunn for pulling something like this off, which I'm pretty sure isn't as easy as one might think.

This was of course inspired and/or influenced by the Star Wars Holiday Special, a truly terrible piece of television that has become iconic in so-bad-it's-good fashion.

Here, Gunn had to embrace the cheesiness of that special, without turning it into a straight parody, and somehow making it both good and stupid simultaneously.

He pulled off something that is an homage, is silly at times, but knows that it's silly and still delivers satisfying story and music elements.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Sweet and charming and laugh out loud funny. An absolute winner and probably my favorite part of the Guardians franchise outside of the Awesome Dance-Off at DCA. :)

Definitely repeatable viewing.

But I'm admittedly partial as Drax is my spirit animal lol and he and Mantis together are comedy GOLD. 😍

Prince-1

Just watched it and it was perfect. Cheesy in the best way possible. James Gunn did it again and I can’t wait to see what he does as one of the two head honchos of the DCU.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom