News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

doctornick

I mentioned this in the technology thread - if guests are not able to ride this attraction unless they win a lottery and are required to own a smart phone / tablet I don’t think this attraction should legally be advertised as part of the Epcot attractions.

Just my thoughts of course :)
What could be more about futurism than having to use a smart phone to be able to do something? That’s prime Epcot baby! 😉

TheMaxRebo

I believe it's more of 'why do 7am go fast?". That's because you don't actually have to be at the park to try. If you don't get it you can just change your park reservation to some other day and try again. To try at 1pm you have to be in the park, so you committed to your park reservation AND went to the park. There is a smaller pool of people trying at 1pm. Also I think generally think the 7am allocation is smaller than the 1pm allocation.

That's how I see it anyways.

I think there are only so many people who really want to ride it each day and all of them are trying at 7am, but then only those that didn't get one at 7am can try at 1pm

So if there are 15,000 people with EP reservations that really want to ride, and only 10,000 slots given out at 7am, well, all 15,000 people trying for those 10,000 slots.

But then if they open up another 8,000 at 1pm, well, there are only 5,000 people left that have an Epcot reservation and really want one so they get one at 1pm and then their are 3,000 slots left that go to people that are open to going if not much effort or after people can park hop

TrainsOfDisney

I think there are only so many people who really want to ride it each day and all of them are trying at 7am, but then only those that didn't get one at 7am can try at 1pm

So if there are 15,000 people with EP reservations that really want to ride, and only 10,000 slots given out at 7am, well, all 15,000 people trying for those 10,000 slots.

But then if they open up another 8,000 at 1pm, well, there are only 5,000 people left that have an Epcot reservation and really want one so they get one at 1pm and then their are 3,000 slots left that go to people that are open to going if not much effort or after people can park hop
So if monorail teal departs on the Epcot beam with 300 passengers but the skyliner departs Carribean Beach with 4 passengers per gondola and the friendship II departs boardwalk with 80 passengers and 1 stroller how many guests get to ride Guardians with a stop at Joffreys with only 1 barista working?

No Name

I mentioned this in the technology thread - if guests are not able to ride this attraction unless they win a lottery and are required to own a smart phone / tablet I don’t think this attraction should legally be advertised as part of the Epcot attractions.

Just my thoughts of course :)
It’s not a lottery and you don’t need a smartphone… the 1pm drop usually doesn’t fill up for hours and you can make a reservation at guest relations. It’s absolutely part of Epcot attractions.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 43 Stats (7/8):
7am: 9.1 secs
1pm: 5748.0 secs, or ~1 hour 36 mins

BG 193 is the last BG called for the day. This is 4 more than yesterday.

Average pace: 3-4mins/BG

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
10:52 - 11:42am
6:42 - 7:02pm

That does it for Day 43 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-46.png

gerarar

Premium Member
1pm drop closed at 6:18pm, lasting for 19103.538 secs, or ~5 hours 18 mins.

This is just 13 mins shy of beating the current record of 5 hours 31 mins set on July 1st.

Up to BG 81 called at 1pm, 6 more than yesterday.

And here's an updated chart of all the VQ drops since the ride opened. The upward trend continues for all drop times!
scatter_plot-39.png

doctornick

It feels like we are getting close to when they will stop doing the virtual queue. I actually think there might be a bump in demand if they go to standby (plus ILL of course) with people being able to re-ride. Roller coasters in general and given the random songs are reasons why this would probably get a right preference to re-ride amongst those who favor the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom