News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

DisneyCane

Every available slot is being taken… this not ‘much demand’ to you?

Eligibility constraints are what keep the windows open right now… not lack of demand
If the 1 pm drop is staying open for several hours there are no eligibility constraints other than no re-rides. The park hoppers can get a BG at 2 when they enter.

I really like the ride except for the motion sickness. Because of it being a rollercoaster and the motion sickness issues, it isn't a ride that nearly all Epcot guests will want to experience. Plus, it seems to have high hourly capacity.

UNCgolf

Every available slot is being taken… this not ‘much demand’ to you?

Eligibility constraints are what keep the windows open right now… not lack of demand

Not much demand is relative. It has a lack of demand compared to other attractions that have used VQ, but it obviously has plenty of demand overall or the slots would go unfulfilled (as you mentioned).

That shouldn't be surprising, though. There are multiple reasons it was never going to be as popular as something like FoP or Rise of the Resistance -- Disney's consumer base, rider restrictions, etc.

TheMaxRebo

Might be showing another reason the keep the VQ around as getting a VQ AND buying an ILL only way to ride more than once (other than Deluxe hours on Mondays)

Would demand for the ILL (which is consistently selling out) go down if VQ dropped? Or would it actually increase if standby is 2 hours long and people who were happy to ride with a VQ now would pay for ILL to skip that line?

UNCgolf

Might be showing another reason the keep the VQ around as getting a VQ AND buying an ILL only way to ride more than once (other than Deluxe hours on Mondays)

Would demand for the ILL (which is consistently selling out) go down if VQ dropped? Or would it actually increase if standby is 2 hours long and people who were happy to ride with a VQ now would pay for ILL to skip that line?

I'm pretty sure ILL demand would increase significantly. Right now there's little incentive to buy one except for riding twice -- anyone who wants to ride can do so for free since VQ spots are readily available for everyone.

If the VQ is gone, the ride will probably have a 60+ minute standby wait. Anyone who doesn't want to wait in line will have to buy an ILL.

TheMaxRebo

I'm pretty sure ILL demand would increase significantly. Right now there's little incentive to buy one except for riding twice -- anyone who wants to ride can do so for free since VQ spots are readily available for everyone.

If the VQ is gone, the ride will probably have a 60+ minute standby wait. Anyone who doesn't want to wait in line will have to buy an ILL.

That's true - maybe at the beginning when even the 1pm drop wasn't lasting long there was more ILL demand but now pretty easy to get one at the 1pm drop

UNCgolf

That's true - maybe at the beginning when even the 1pm drop wasn't lasting long there was more ILL demand but now pretty easy to get one at the 1pm drop

Even the morning drop has lasted 3-4 minutes some days now -- that's still pretty quick, obviously, but it also means anyone who is logged in and ready to try for one when the window opens is getting one. It's not like when they're all gone in 5-10 seconds.

gerarar

Premium Member
Hey y'all, I just got back from my week-long trip to France and DLP, was tons of fun!
Previously I said that I would try to continue posting updates, but turns out the time difference and limited/spotty data and wifi made things harder.

Anyways, let's catch up!

July 13:
7am: 61.7 secs
1pm: 16031.3 secs, or ~4 hours 27 mins
BG 206 (+2) is last for day

July 14:
7am: 7.9 secs
1pm: 3151.5 secs, or ~53 mins
BG 197 (-9) is last for day

July 15:
7am: 8.7 secs
1pm: 7217.1 secs, or ~2 hours
BG 202 (+5) is last for day

July 16:
7am: 6.1 secs
1pm: 9397.1 secs, or ~2 hours 37 mins
BG 206 (+4) is last for day

July 17:
7am: 9.0 secs
1pm: 3324.0 secs, or ~55 mins
BG 180 (-26) is last for day

July 18:
7am: 6.0 secs
1pm: 4764.6 secs, or ~1 hour 19 mins
6pm: 4.4 secs
BG 201 (+21) is last during regular park hours
BG 238 is last for day

July 19:
7am: 44.0 secs
1pm: 11770.0 secs, or ~3 hours 16 mins
BG 197 (-4) is last for day

July 20:
7am: 37.5 secs
1pm: 10541.6 secs, or ~2 hours 56 mins
BG 198 (+1) is part for day

July 21:
7am: 20.1 secs
1pm: 6460.9 secs, or ~1 hour 8 mins
BG 193 (-5) is last for day

Weekly view — Monthly view:
scatter_plot-81.png

scatter_plot-43.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom