News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

Patcheslee

So am I understanding straight that Delixe guests will now need to be in the park, potentially hopping sooner to join the VQ? Won't that contribute to larger crowd in general earlier? The times we did evening hours hopping was usually an hour before regular closing. And does that mean regular VQ will only go until 6pm?

DCBaker

Premium Member
So am I understanding straight that Delixe guests will now need to be in the park, potentially hopping sooner to join the VQ? Won't that contribute to larger crowd in general earlier? The times we did evening hours hopping was usually an hour before regular closing. And does that mean regular VQ will only go until 6pm?

Deluxe Guests will not need to be in the park for the Virtual Queue.

"An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours, a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or, they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation."

6pm is when the Virtual Queue window opens for the Extended Evening Hours (which is currently 9-11pm).

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue page has been added to MDE -

IMG_5137.jpg

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I know there's a thread that said Cosmic Rewind has been added to the deluxe extended theme park hours but of course I can't find it.
So I'll ask here.
For the 6pm deluxe resort guest VQ do you have to be in EPCOT to try for it?
I just switched to a deluxe resort and have AK planned for the afternoon/evening but will also now hop to EPCOT for the extended hours but I would not be in the park by 6pm so I just wanted clarification as to whether you do or do not need to be inside the park.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I know there's a thread that said Cosmic Rewind has been added to the deluxe extended theme park hours but of course I can't find it.
So I'll ask here.
For the 6pm deluxe resort guest VQ do you have to be in EPCOT to try for it?
I just switched to a deluxe resort and have AK planned for the afternoon/evening but will also now hop to EPCOT for the extended hours but I would not be in the park by 6pm so I just wanted clarification as to whether you do or do not need to be inside the park.

You do not need to be in EPCOT, so with your plan you will just need to tap into AK before 6pm.

Here's the official wording -

An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours, a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or, they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.

Purduevian

I don't see how guests could possibly be confused by all this. 😆
What do you mean? If you want to ride a ride you can simply
1) Get in standby except for the ride(s) that don't have standby
2)Purchase G+ and use the LL entrance, except for the rides that don't have a LL... Or the rides that have a LL that are not included in G+
3) Purchase an ILL and use the LL entrance, except for the rides that don't have a LL, or the ones that are included in G+
4)Join a virtual Queue at either 7am or 1pm, or 6pm assuming you are a deluxe guest and there are extended evening hours
5)Pull up youtube.com and search for the [The ride name] POV

It couldn't be simpler!

Anteater

2)Purchase G+ and use the LL entrance, except for the rides that don't have a LL... Or the rides that have a LL that are not included in G+
3) Purchase an ILL and use the LL entrance, except for the rides that don't have a LL, or the ones that are included in G+
4)Join a virtual Queue at either 7am or 1pm, or 6pm assuming you are a deluxe guest and there are extended evening hours

It couldn't be simpler!
My visits to WDW have ben strictly #5 lately. I need to build a playlist with them in the order that I see them in the parks. Then, it would be perfect!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It couldn't be simpler!
1. The number of rides that don't have standby is currently zero. On Friday, it will be one.

2. Yes there are rides that don't have a LL entrance, but they're very few, and under FP and FP+ there were those same rides without a LL/FP lane.

3. This is again reiterating #2. Which rides don't have LL?

4. VQ rules are only for one ride.

I'm not saying it's easy or intuitive, but it's not as complicated as you're making it.

Park reservations are a bigger annoyance than G+/ILL rules, IMO.

Purduevian

1. The number of rides that don't have standby is currently zero. On Friday, it will be one.

2. Yes there are rides that don't have a LL entrance, but they're very few, and under FP and FP+ there were those same rides without a LL/FP lane.

3. This is again reiterating #2. Which rides don't have LL?

4. VQ rules are only for one ride.

I'm not saying it's easy or intuitive, but it's not as complicated as you're making it.

Park reservations are a bigger annoyance than G+/ILL rules, IMO.
It was just kind of a joke about how confusing it is to ride GotG, or understand how to skip certain lines for people that don't post on a disney forum.

To ride GotG cosmic rewind you currently have to
1)Buy park tickets
2)Make an Epcot Reservation
3)Wake up at 7am and either pay for an ILL or roll the dice on a boarding group. If you miss it, you'll have another chance at 1pm.
4)If you got a boarding group, wait an unknown amount of time, then have an hour to get to the entrance once your group is called (yes I know they will probably let you in after, but they don't have to)

I've twice now traveled with a family who know nothing about WDW planning. The first time was in 2018 and FP blew their minds. They asked me how much extra it was costing them, how many times we could use it, could we re-ride, ect.

Visited again with them in October 2021 before G+. They asked me a few times about FP and I had to tell them it was gone... then they got very confused about the VQ for RAT. They also got really worried we were going to miss our time (we were leaving the seas when our hour got called).

Disney just continues to complicate things to an unbelievable amount. VQ kinda made sense with RotR because it was so unreliable. RAT didn't need one, we will see if this really needed one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom