News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

danv3

The defense of virtual queues is honestly surprising to me. As implemented, it's a terrible system especially when combined with mandatory park reservations. The idea that you can have a ticket and an EPCOT reservation, and be willing to rope drop, and then be unable to ride a new ride because your phone ran slow for seven seconds at 7:00am is ridiculous.

And it goes back to the larger issue that the WDW experience is far more complicated than it ought to be. Disney continues to add friction for its guests.

Club Cooloholic

How will extended hours work with this ride? Will they open another virtual queue at 9pm for those that qualify? Seems a little too complicated for their system. Will they have stand by lines? Actually can anyone answer, does genie plus even work during Extended hours or is it all standby for all rides?

DCBaker

Premium Member
How will extended hours work with this ride? Will they open another virtual queue at 9pm for those that qualify? Seems a little too complicated for their system. Will they have stand by lines? Actually can anyone answer, does genie plus even work during Extended hours or is it all standby for all rides?

It is standby for Extended Evening Hours/Early Entry. If you use Ratatouille as a guide, it was added to EEH about 2 months after opening.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The defense of virtual queues is honestly surprising to me. As implemented, it's a terrible system especially when combined with mandatory park reservations. The idea that you can have a ticket and an EPCOT reservation, and be willing to rope drop, and then be unable to ride a new ride because your phone ran slow for seven seconds at 7:00am is ridiculous.

And it goes back to the larger issue that the WDW experience is far more complicated than it ought to be. Disney continues to add friction for its guests.

Again where one person might see a disadvantage another will see convenience.
Its really no different than how everything else has evolved DRASTICALLY in the past 2 years in every other aspect of our lives.
Just taking a guess here and thinking you may be of an older generation that simply is not a fan of new technologies. I can relate as my parents are in their 70's but even they have adapted. Who would have thought my mom would prefer Zoom Toast Mater meetings and who would have believed my dad could handle a Zoom farmer meeting?

DfromATX

It's a bit easier now to get a BG then it was with Rise, imo.

Before, you had to select your party on the fly, which involved a lot of clicking/tapping and error-prone.
But now, since you can reserve your party ahead of the 7am/1pm drops, that multi-step process is gone.

Pretty much all you have to do now is at the top of the hour, click the refresh button at the bottom of the screen, then tap the same area as that refresh button will turn into a join queue button, and that's it.

For ROTR I would usually get like BG 30s+, but for Rat that had this new process, I got BG 3.
I've only experienced it once about a year ago - wow, I can't believe it's been that long. Anyway, I remember missing the first one at 7, but I got in at 1. Once our group came up, it went pretty fast. I guess it was the anticipation of doing it that was stressful, but I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way. I haven't been able to ride Rat yet. I feel like GotG will be tougher than Rise! Plus now there's stupid Genie to compete with... I wonder how that will impact getting on. Will it even be possible without Genie? I refuse to buy it, but I also refuse to stay in line for 4 hours.

Adding - I remember also there were so many vloggers out there doing "how to" videos for Rise lol. Seems silly now, but at the time, that added to the stress!

danv3

Again where one person might see a disadvantage another will see convenience.
Its really no different than how everything else has evolved DRASTICALLY in the past 2 years in every other aspect of our lives.
Just taking a guess here and thinking you may be of an older generation that simply is not a fan of new technologies. I can relate as my parents are in their 70's but even they have adapted. Who would have thought my mom would prefer Zoom Toast Mater meetings and who would have believed my dad could handle a Zoom farmer meeting?
There might exist a virtual queue system that is convenient for guests, but Disney's isn't.

(FTR, I'm 44.)

doctornick

There might exist a virtual queue system that is convenient for guests, but Disney's isn't.

(FTR, I'm 44.)
I’d be willing to hear suggestions. But any system that avoids having to have people wait in 4 hour seems like a big step in guest convenience. It just seems to be a question of who would get the slots on the ride (acknowledging that no matter what system is used, some portion of guests that day won’t be able to ride).

Thepuma

Totally agree with you....On my last holiday it was Virtual Queue for Remy...I tried on all 10 days of my vacation to get a VQ spot and only managed to get it once!!...this holiday I have tried 3 times and got a ILL on all 3 occasions.

I just don't like the total lottery of a VQ.

Anteater

Totally agree with you....On my last holiday it was Virtual Queue for Remy...I tried on all 10 days of my vacation to get a VQ spot and only managed to get it once!!...this holiday I have tried 3 times and got a ILL on all 3 occasions.

Only wish it was a lottery. If it was, it wouldn't matter if you got up by 7am to try. They could give you, say, 7pm-7am to put your name in a virtual hat and hand out the queue starting at 7am. Instead, you're stuck with Genie--

MagicHappens1971

Can people wit G yesterday Assistance cards get on or do they need to pay?
If you have a DAS, you can use the lightning lane entrance (when it’s your turn) if you’ve secured a VQ. That’s how it’s worked for Rise & Rat. GACs haven’t been around for quite a few years now though

msha88

Only wish it was a lottery. If it was, it wouldn't matter if you got up by 7am to try. They could give you, say, 7pm-7am to put your name in a virtual hat and hand out the queue starting at 7am. Instead, you're stuck with Genie--
I saw an influencer on Instagram this morning who was at the media day talking about how she rode 10 times. I’m not expecting that trying to get on this brand new, eagerly anticipated ride in the first few months with VQ or ILL is going to be all that easy or without stress based on what happened initially with RotR and Remy. Idk, I just don’t think it’s a great look for Disney when the influencers get to repeat ride for free over and over again during one day and their paying guests are going to have to jump through hoops and cross everything to try and get on the newest ride during their vacation.

trainplane3

I saw an influencer on Instagram this morning who was at the media day talking about how she rode 10 times. I’m not expecting that trying to get on this brand new, eagerly anticipated ride in the first few months with VQ or ILL is going to be all that easy or without stress based on what happened initially with RotR and Remy. Idk, I just don’t think it’s a great look for Disney when the influencers get to repeat ride for free over and over again during one day and their paying guests are going to have to jump through hoops and cross everything to try and get on the newest ride during their vacation.
It's how media events for any park work. Media can do the thing as many times as they want in exchange for a (positive) review.

Now things that happen at media events such as extra characters and interactions are what I don't like happening. Kind of surprised there's none of the GotG walking around for these previews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom