Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They could have made the launch be how you got into space. However, if anyone beyond a little kid believes that they were magically transported to a ship, they would need their heads examined. For that matter, you are flying along with no protection in the vacuum of space which would kill you.
What's most unbelievable is that someone with
  • two Screen Actors Guild Awards
  • three Golden Globe Awards
  • three Primetime Emmy Awards
  • three Tony Awards
  • and, eight Academy Award nominations
is playing a bit part in the pre-show.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
(Probably because it was originally a Big Bang themed coaster that had an IP lopped on it at the last second to get approval)
Which is why I’m okay with it at EPCOT. The park needed a coaster and a knock your socks off “fun” ride.

It got both and it doesn’t scream IP everywhere. The entire queue feels like OG EPCOT until the last pre-show.

UNCgolf

Which is why I’m okay with it at EPCOT. The park needed a coaster and a knock your socks off “fun” ride.

It got both and it doesn’t scream IP everywhere. The entire queue feels like OG EPCOT until the last pre-show.

My biggest issue is that the non-IP Big Bang version would have likely been a better overall attraction. The Guardians IP is badly mishandled and almost superfluous to the ride (the two Guardians films are my favorite in the MCU and they're completely wasted on Cosmic Rewind), which has an essentially incomprehensible story (at least in terms of what happens on-ride).

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

My biggest issue is that the non-IP Big Bang version would have likely been a better overall attraction. The Guardians IP is badly mishandled and almost superfluous to the ride (the two Guardians films are my favorite in the MCU and they're completely wasted on Cosmic Rewind), which has an essentially incomprehensible story (at least in terms of what happens on-ride).

Fully agree. Honestly, the Guardians presence is shockingly.....not very abundant. This is far more of a galaxy coaster than a Guardians one. This ride would benefit from adding more planets and solar systems and less random spaceship fighting.

First time riding: had no idea what was happening.
Second time riding a few months later: still had no idea what has happening while ACTIVELY trying to make sense of it.

Vegas Disney Fan

Hadn’t really thought about it til this thread but I agree, this ride would have been far better as a mission to mars style ride with the launch being the blast off. Preshow could have been a history of space travel exhibit rather than a made up Zander exhibit.

It would have fit the edutainment of Epcot better and been a better story with just a few changes.

Still an amazing ride but the story is a mess.

XenoYosh

Hi from Paris !
With the refurbishment of Avengers Flight Force at WDSP, I'm wondering about the stars inside Cosmic Rewind.
How does it work ? Is it lasers projectors ?

Flight Force is very dark and we hope some stars like Cosmic Rewind 😅

MaximumEd

Hi from Paris !
With the refurbishment of Avengers Flight Force at WDSP, I'm wondering about the stars inside Cosmic Rewind.
How does it work ? Is it lasers projectors ?

Flight Force is very dark and we hope some stars like Cosmic Rewind 😅
Pretty sure they are actual stars harvested from deep in the galaxy, thus explaining the price tag for the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom