Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
The fact that a 1982 EPCOT Center mug and the UOE Dinosaurs were in the commercial obviously mean something. Zach's post yesterday had the mug in it. The music is all 80's. The museum concept for the preshow. There's definitely some EPCOT stuff in the queue.

mickEblu

I’m a little disappointed to hear that there isn’t much in the way of show scenes and set pieces but if it’s true that it really does “feel like your flying through space” and not just a rollercoaster in the dark like Space Mountain (not that I have anything against Space Mountain) than to me that probably justifies the price tag.

EPCOT-O.G.

The fact that a 1982 EPCOT Center mug and the UOE Dinosaurs were in the commercial obviously mean something. Zach's post yesterday had the mug in it. The music is all 80's. The museum concept for the preshow. There's definitely some EPCOT stuff in the queue.
All my criticisms of this ride will evaporate if the queue has the Horizons vacuum cleaning robot, an original Figment AA, and a recreation of the world's first traffic jam diorama.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1650389600520.png

1650389628894.png

1650389659179.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm referring to the mostly moderate coaster experience, through the dark, with show scenes, enhanced with spinning. Sure this one is bigger.. but seems like the core 'what makes this interesting' elements are very alike.

To be honest, I don't remember a lot of the inside of Crush once the spinning started. Hoooo boy... 😵

waltography

A piece of me wonders if there are random extra songs that will play once every so many cycles. There appear to be some random “I had _______ for my song” claims on the ride that aren’t on the official list. Or maybe people just don’t actually know the song and guess at the name
I thought I heard 9 to 5 being thrown around in this thread earlier but didn't realize it was a joke (or maybe it wasn't?). In any case, I'd be sorely disappointed without a little Dolly. 😂

Giss Neric

I’m a little disappointed to hear that there isn’t much in the way of show scenes and set pieces but if it’s true that it really does “feel like your flying through space” and not just a rollercoaster in the dark like Space Mountain (not that I have anything against Space Mountain) than to me that probably justifies the price tag.
I'm curious if you feeling like flying through space means that you won't see any supports like let's say Space Mountain or there are just a lot of distraction to divert your attention from seeing the supports and track.

Rockishcoco

I'm curious if you feeling like flying through space means that you won't see any supports like let's say Space Mountain or there are just a lot of distraction to divert your attention from seeing the supports and track.
I’d say it’s a lot of the latter. Don’t get me wrong they do do a great job at hiding the supports for the most part. But the real secret is just the Omni coaster itself directs you to areas lacking in supports or too giant screens. So it’s all a pretty cohesive spacey feeling if that makes sense

Hawg G

In terms of spinning, I don't think it's anything like Crush's at all. It's a precisely controlled rotation showcasing the show scenes and around the turns/coaster elements instead of freely spinning. I think that is the actual new tech in the ride, the ride vehicles themselves.
Large spheres are now what Disney passes as show scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom