Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Trauma

Or when people scream before Jack shows up in Haunted Mansion Holiday elevAtor. Screaming over him talking.

Or people talking on the Hogwarts Express.

Or the damn girls that scream in the tunnels on BTMRR. I sometimes turn around and scream back at them.
Wait your not suppose to scream on BTMRR? I didn’t know screaming on a coaster was frowned upon.

castlecake2.0

I think the main issue with this ride's preshow is the weird first room with Glenn Close (Nova Prime) and Terry Crews. I get that it's "important" to the story, but it is highly repetitive on re-rides and becomes tedious. It is also going to age like milk, as I've seen guests react to the humor as kind of groan inducing. The second room is fun, breathtaking, and relatively quick, with lots to offer.
I actually liked this, it reminded me of “old Epcot” with the row of theatre doors clicking open in unison, like the old seas movie.

No Name

I think what they might have meant is that there's a conceptual difference between how these rides make use of their screens that justifies one more than the other.

Tower's TV screen doesn't feel like a shortcut, because you expect the Twilight Zone TV Show to make an appearance in exactly that form. However, guests getting in line for a Guardians of the Galaxy ride are much more likely to expect a tangible appearance from the Guardians - Merely seeing them on screens instead of ever being in the room with them can feel like more of a letdown because in the world of Guardians the characters are known for showing up in person to kick a** and crack wise, not for FaceTiming in from a remote location.

One feels like a shortcut because it is, the other doesn't because it isn't.
I 100% agree, and if that’s what the other person meant then they should’ve worded as such!

TrojanUSC

Part of the issues with the pre-shows, for me, is that Disney insists on having the LL/FP queue merge before the pre-show so everybody watches it. This means you're corralled into the general queue of people after the pre-show, which you shouldn't have to do now that you're spending money. Universal Express, while it has its issues, generally goes right to the attraction loading areas.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
So, some opening day thoughts.

1. Cast Members were talking about the lack of opening ceremonies with us, and attributed it to management being scared of guest reactions. I instantly had flashbacks to Chapek being ushered off Main Street on the 50th.

2. Zach was walking around the area, taking pictures and overall being a "celebrity", however you take that information is up to you. Funnily enough, the rest of WDI was together, greeting guests. Zach was the only one wandering around and not speaking to his coworkers.

3. The morning had a severe lack of crowds. I was in line at the toll plaza at 4 AM for the 50th with well over 300 cars. Same with Rise of the Resistance. Today at 7 AM, there were barely 70 of us in front of the turnstiles. Every toll lane open, every cast member in position. Not a soul in sight.

4. Guest reactions to the ride were stale at best. More people seemed to be interested in taking pictures and leaving. That was about it. The Starbucks line was longer than the line for the Creations merch. People would pick up the commemorative stuff, talk about it, and set it back down. Resellers had their usual buckets and strollers present.

5. Besides Zach and a couple WDI team members, nobody of importance was present. No Jeff Vahle, no Kartika Rodriguez, no Josh D'amaro. Just a bunch of shift leaders and WDI Interns.

It felt almost somber or confused. Zach was delivering his consistently vague answers, especially thise regarding Future World West and "Play!". Overall, the morning felt dull and uncertain. Not the opening fanfare I think an EPCOT addition deserved.

MagicHappens1971

1. Cast Members were talking about the lack of opening ceremonies with us, and attributed it to management being scared of guest reactions. I instantly had flashbacks to Chapek being ushered off Main Street on the 50th.

2. Zach was walking around the area, taking pictures and overall being a "celebrity", however you take that information is up to you. Funnily enough, the rest of WDI was together, greeting guests. Zach was the only one wandering around and not speaking to his coworkers.

3. The morning had a severe lack of crowds. I was in line at the toll plaza at 4 AM for the 50th with well over 300 cars. Same with Rise of the Resistance. Today at 7 AM, there were barely 70 of us in front of the turnstiles. Every toll lane open, every cast member in position. Not a soul in sight.

4. Guest reactions to the ride were stale at best. More people seemed to be interested in taking pictures and leaving. That was about it. The Starbucks line was longer than the line for the Creations merch. People would pick up the commemorative stuff, talk about it, and set it back down. Resellers had their usual buckets and strollers present.

5. Besides Zach and a couple WDI team members, nobody of importance was present. No Jeff Vahle, no Kartika Rodriguez, no Josh D'amaro. Just a bunch of shift leaders and WDI Interns.

It felt almost somber or confused. Zach was delivering his consistently vague answers, especially thise regarding Future World West and "Play!". Overall, the morning felt dull and uncertain. Not the opening fanfare I think an EPCOT addition deserved.
Kartika was there this morning, I’d assume before park open.

dreday3

I guess I'm not sure what kind of excitement to expect when people knew the only way to ride was either a boarding pass or purchasing. I certainly wouldn't bother going there to hang out if I didn't get either one of those.

My personal tastes - I don't like the merch. But I'm not a big "merch" person anyways. (as I put on my Tiki Bird rain jacket to go out... 😁)

djkidkaz

Really surprised Josh wasn’t there. He has been really good about attending these moments. I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he will show up later today or this weekend.

180º

Really surprised Josh wasn’t there. He has been really good about attending these moments. I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he will show up later today or this weekend.
Josh was seen at Disneyland yesterday. Lots of higher ups may be in California right now possibly for Star Wars Celebration, maybe the Fantasmic preview, maybe for tonight’s Star Wars Nite, maybe all of the above.

djkidkaz

Also find it odd that the guest reaction was “stale” to the ride. I don’t consider it FoP or Rise level but I can’t imagine not coming off the ride with a smile on your face.

TrainsOfDisney

I guess I'm not sure what kind of excitement to expect when people knew the only way to ride was either a boarding pass or purchasing. I certainly wouldn't bother going there to hang out if I didn't get either one of those.
That’s the thing.... you want to show those long lines and big crowds. Pack them in! That’s theme park 101.

flynnibus

Premium Member

This is what happens when your 'media' launch is every youtuber with a pulse and you allow full spoilers weeks before opening. It's old news now...

dreday3

That’s the thing.... you want to show those long lines and big crowds. Pack them in! That’s theme park 101.

Then why didn't they do stand-by for today if they wanted to showcase big lines?

I feel like Tron will be the one they push big. For some reason this just feels like "Hey, we got a new ride. Check it out!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom