Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

celluloid

This sounds like EXACTLY the same effect that was used for the transporters in the regrettably defunct Star Trek Experience in Vegas, which opened 25 years ago. Which is fine, it was a really great effect - just not that innovative.

And the queue seems to be as boring as we thought it was. Which is a shame, because the Rat queue really is good.

Sometimes the classics work. Also Poseidon's Fury over at Islands of Adventure uses similar principles, especially the previous version of the show.

ifan

Sometimes the classics work. Also Poseidon's Fury over at Islands of Adventure uses similar principles, especially the previous version of the show.
That moment in Poseidon's Fury really wowed me! This may not be innovative, but it sounds like fun. I think using the pre-show to wow you right before going on a ride vehicle helps make it an overall better experience (Haunted Mansion, MMRR, etc.)

Surferboy567

Original Poster
If photography is prohibited I wonder how hard it will be for a POV to be filmed. Iā€™m sure media will be allowed to film. Have heard that one of the comic book channels was invited down there and would be sharing video.

Giss Neric

media have been told no onride video.
AP previews follows after media so I'm pretty sure there will be filming involved and we'll be able to see it. I'm more interested with the queue and preshows though since a rollercoaster in the dark will be hard to film anyways unless it's low light.

flynnibus

Premium Member

New details and descriptive walk-through of the 'Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind' queue and pre-show​

I keep hearing this reference to JIY finale... I can't connect the dots of what is being referred to in that ride. Wasn't the finale just the circling around figment with all the projection screens above?

What's the reference I am missing?

Bartattack

I keep hearing this reference to JIY finale... I can't connect the dots of what is being referred to in that ride. Wasn't the finale just the circling around figment with all the projection screens above?

What's the reference I am missing?
I think it's the part where you enter the room with the computers and reels turning.... lights go out... blast of air/flash of light ...lights go on, computers are gone and then you have the end scene with the imagination song.

UNCgolf

So anyways, to get back on topic after a series of unhinged rants above, potential motion sickness is something we will need to hear more about once more people have been on the ride.

I can't imagine it will be anything close to Forbidden Journey or Simpsons (which is so bad that people who don't ever get motion sickness on anything else get it), but it's a consideration because no one wants to ruin a park day over a single ride. That doesn't have anything to do with painting the ride in a negative light, by the way.

mergatroid

Media reviews coming out -

Looks great. Good to see Walt mentioned though it will annoy some as the old "Walt would be turning in his grave" remark will come out. Putting aside the 'wrong park argument' for a second, as an attraction it does appear to be very, very good. Back in the real world it is in Epcot and as such those who can't accept that will have negativity towards what this is, I accept that and everyone's entitled to that point of view.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

I hope the irony isn't lost that this video clip hit the internet the same day Disney released new concept art showing off their undoing of the concentric design of Future World.

Like . . . Do they not see it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom