News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

IveBeenJack

So with the GOTG:CR coaster using a reverse launch, these photos pose an interesting question, as to the formation of the launch. As it would make sense that within the tunnel that connects the two buildings, that there is a a lift hill and also a traditional launch or return to the building.

Would I be right in concluding that there will be an incline inside the formers Energy building as shown below. Then this will transition to the reverse launch, which will be horizontal and not inclined. But the inclined track is the return route to Energy from Gravity? @marni1971

6BB8B479-4985-40F6-9C62-05E4C2144C0F.jpeg

This is inside the back of the Energy building, I'm guessing this will be a sort of fake out, where the ride vehicles will travel forward, making guests think this is a traditional ride, then the ride vehicle will reverse launch (horizontal) into the gravity building.

D276dpPXQAc6_Oa.jpg-large.jpeg

photo credit to @bioreconstruct on Twitter

trainplane3

So with the GOTG:CR coaster using a reverse launch, these photos pose an interesting question, as to the formation of the launch. As it would make sense that within the tunnel that connects the two buildings, that there is a a lift hill and also a traditional launch or return to the building.

Would I be right in concluding that there will be an incline inside the formers Energy building as shown below. Then this will transition to the reverse launch, which will be horizontal and not inclined. But the inclined track is the return route to Energy from Gravity? @marni1971

View attachment 440995
This is inside the back of the Energy building, I'm guessing this will be a sort of fake out, where the ride vehicles will travel forward, making guests think this is a traditional ride, then the ride vehicle will reverse launch (horizontal) into the gravity building.

View attachment 440996
photo credit to @bioreconstruct on Twitter
The top picture could be the final brake run. Most larger coasters have a downward angled brake run.
The load/transition area, does this help?
4BD562EC-0EB5-4BFD-B40C-C3352E49DAA5.jpeg

Obviously a @marni1971 created piece of art.

SplashJacket

Guardians photos as of today.

First time going you Epcot since the purge.

Really like the sight-lines which have been opened up with the death of innoventions.

Attachments

• F6BB734B-D5A6-48EC-A913-4D68D5791132.jpeg
    F6BB734B-D5A6-48EC-A913-4D68D5791132.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 226
  • A6FEF5AB-07F7-4053-A376-859F3E6F67EC.jpeg
    A6FEF5AB-07F7-4053-A376-859F3E6F67EC.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 232
  • C712ED9D-CAC7-4C77-A2A3-543630716882.jpeg
    C712ED9D-CAC7-4C77-A2A3-543630716882.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 222

IveBeenJack

Ok, So I've just stitching @marni1971's purposely vague sketches together. And I think I've worked out that the reverse launch, or the "fake-out" where the vehicles turn, happens inside the Energy building instead of in the launch tunnel. The issue I have is where the gravity building, as I've broken down the track in 3 parts, however I've marked in blue, the sections which don't seemingly connect to other parts??? Obviously, the track is 3-dimensional and so there is only so much a 2d representation can illustrate. But I'm wondering wha everyone could be thinking?

IMG_0643.JPG

BenJacobs

Ok, So I've just stitching @marni1971's purposely vague sketches together. And I think I've worked out that the reverse launch, or the "fake-out" where the vehicles turn, happens inside the Energy building instead of in the launch tunnel. The issue I have is where the gravity building, as I've broken down the track in 3 parts, however I've marked in blue, the sections which don't seemingly connect to other parts??? Obviously, the track is 3-dimensional and so there is only so much a 2d representation can illustrate. But I'm wondering wha everyone could be thinking?

View attachment 441376

Obviously I don’t have any inside information, but from the previous photos it appears that the track banks to the right after the launch.

IveBeenJack

Obviously I don’t have any inside information, but from the previous photos it appears that the track banks to the right after the launch.
I assumed that the launch would be horizontal, and the banked turn is right at the end of the track, like one last thrill before returning to unload. As I don't think it's been stated anywhere that this will be an inclined launch, just that it's a reverse launch.

Goofyque'

Probably not popular here, but I love construction walls, always a promise of things to come! We have family shirts I made from the walls at AK with the Tibetan quotes. Big hit with the CM's (including our brush with Djuan Rivers, AK VP) We look, and dream, and note how the evolution of the parks has taken place. Not pretenders to the throne, we are in it to win it! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom