News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Purduevian

The Guardians of the Galaxy lineup as we now know it has only existed for about 11 years and is far removed from that original generation that had Yondu. The characters in the roster everyone now associates with Guardians are plucked from across Marvel's history, but that 2008 run re-invented quite a few of its cast members, especially Groot.

Fair point, 11 years is a far cry from the 50 I posted earlier (not a big comic book guy). However my point still remains that these characters have been around just as long if not longer than many attractions that were build on IPs.

CJR

I don't know if it was mentioned, but if you look on Google Earth (I was using Google Earth on my browser that's tied to Google Maps, not sure of the image date), you can see pieces of the track sitting just north of Kidani Village.

I just thought that was interesting to see. I believe that the track was installed since the images were taken, so it's been some time (it's also worth noting that they're before the AK tram dropoff closed). Still, it's fun seeing them captured on Google Earth, I always find these things fun to spot.

matt9112

The only attraction move I’d think made any sense would be CoP to Epcot with an updated show. That’s it.

If were going all fairytail i think IASW is still a perfect fit for epcot but theres nowhere to put it that makes sense and why spend the absurd amounts to move it and not put it somewhere perfect? In my head if it was right at the front of world showcase or where America is now on the world showcase as a second smaller winnie. Build the entry more like disneyland except made for rain. In fact if we did this we could than make a new greater American pavilion a larger grander American pavilion that literally shadows over tha rest. The rest of world showcase can enjoy the shade afforded by the towering "GRAND AMERICAN PAVILION" "world showcase celebrating all nations that we felt were important but mostly just America"

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, January 9, 2020. Along the side of the building, the beginnings of a new construction wall have appeared. Perhaps the "laydown yard" will be reduced in size and the current construction wall will be moved, opening this new pavement as a bypass from Epcot's entrance plaza to the east side of Future World.

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2727.JPG

tparris

Update from DFB
5FA6C51D-ABFE-4702-8204-24CE46AD9CF4.jpeg

Looks like they’re covering up the new doorways so people won’t be able to see inside when they walk through the new bypass.
FDF2DA60-87F2-4F7E-9488-FB73770957B7.jpeg

A view of the new walls being put up for the bypass.
EBF40D75-BF99-4FCF-8EDA-CEC2356AB318.jpeg

More new pavement has been added out front.
4F4B164B-BE37-46A3-9B2D-59303E7AD079.jpeg

I'm very curious too see how this area looks once they start constructing the ship in the front.

Next Big Thing

Update from DFB
View attachment 440395
Looks like they’re covering up the new doorways so people won’t be able to see inside when they walk through the new bypass.View attachment 440396
A view of the new walls being put up for the bypass.
View attachment 440397
More new pavement has been added out front.
View attachment 440398
I'm very curious too see how this area looks once they start constructing the ship in the front.
I think - the ship will be assembled on-site and basically just be there one day, similar to how they installed most of the ships at Galaxy's Edge.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Space Mountain needs a top to bottom rebuild, in a perfect world I would have done that concurrently with the Tron and Guardians builds and put Tron and Guardians in MK with Space going to Epcot.

it's a small world absolutely belongs in Showcase Plaza. Since we're playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and moving stuff around, might as well change the entrance to Soarin' so that it's also coming out of Showcase Plaza.

Mission: SPACE can be replaced by Space Mountain.

The it's a small world area in Fantasyland as well as Pinocchio's Village Haus and Enchanted Tales with Belle gets replaced with a Beauty and the Beast, Frozen and Tangled section.

Frozen in Norway gets replaced with something that actually fits in Norway.

This will require a time machine, but I have faith Imagineering can do it.

got to see the lights on at Space Mountain on Wednesday evening.
79F77286-FFC0-4C94-9D6A-E2772C8FDED6.jpeg
FDA49C55-C094-40BF-A99B-E30D51C47BAD.jpeg
F227E43D-FFF7-4A40-BDF1-5BE286A4412E.jpeg

spacemountaincarlo

Do we know exactly what loading will look like? I had a thought in my head, since the "Omnicoaster" design obviously looks like an omnimover, I'm wondering if they're going to be aping the load of an Omnimover and have the ride load like one, really go all out in the presentation to make it really feel like an omnimover ride at first. I think that'd be the perfect way to begin a ride that presents itself as a "Xandarian take on an EPCOT pavilion." One problem with this however could potentially be safety, with lap bars and such. Not sure though, I just really like the idea of them really trying to sell the feeling of an EPCOT pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do we know exactly what loading will look like? I had a thought in my head, since the "Omnicoaster" design obviously looks like an omnimover, I'm wondering if they're going to be aping the load of an Omnimover and have the ride load like one, really go all out in the presentation to make it really feel like an omnimover ride at first. I think that'd be the perfect way to begin a ride that presents itself as a "Xandarian take on an EPCOT pavilion." One problem with this however could potentially be safety, with lap bars and such. Not sure though, I just really like the idea of them really trying to sell the feeling of an EPCOT pavilion

We presume a coaster ride will load like a coaster ride and not be "omni-" in any way.

lazyboy97o

Continuous loading of a coaster has been done before at Universal Orlando Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom