News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

doctornick

Just for a quick round of myth busting. There will be more than just painted flats in the Gravity Building. More TRON THAN RnRc.

Thank you. It's been repeated so often that it felt like fact even though no one ever stated it would be "painted flats".

One question I have is if the ride will slow/stop for show scenes or is everything going to just be seen as the ride is zipping past? There's only the one launch at the start, right?

OG Runner

Partly because they're in no hurry for the project to be done. If they don't have the walls up, then their slow-build is exposed to the elements for years. If they put up the building first, they can take their time building.

Epcot's schedule:
  • 2019: New Illuminations; Space Restaurant (if they can make up for construction delays); Skyliner; overflow from people who can't get into DHS for MMRR and SWL
  • 2020: new E-Ticket in Ratatouille; Poppins ride
  • 2021: new E-Ticket in GotG; maybe spine updates
  • 2022: Brazil
To keep park attendance continually high, it helps to have something new each year, otherwise people put off visiting until all the new stuff comes out at once.

Is Disney really considering Ratatouille an E-Ticket? My understanding it is a dark ride, through an "enlarged" area, so you feel like
you are Ratatouille, running around. Cute, fun concept, but an E-Ticket ride?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Missing20K

I am certain that is almost exactly what that is. I have no direct insider info in regards to that, but every other leak I've read over the past few years points towards this ride system.

I was under the impression that the Mario Kart ride would give the guest some modicum of "control". This rides system doesn't appear to give the guest any control at all.

Bairstow

I was under the impression that the Mario Kart ride would give the guest some modicum of "control". This rides system doesn't appear to give the guest any control at all.

I don't know what the Mario Kart attraction may or may not do but theoretically a rider with a "steering wheel" could influence the pivoting of the ride vehicle independent of it's doing on the coaster track underneath- maybe not for a full 360 degrees of motion but of some.

Also, I haven't been tracking all the Universal Nintendo rumors particularly closely but this Dynamic Structures video, showing a false "show" track above the true track underneath, immediately made me think not of Mario Kart, but of patent drawings that where rumored to be connected to a Donkey Kong attraction in some way.

nintendo-world-rides-4.png

nintendo-world-rides-3.png

Mike S

I don't know what the Mario Kart attraction may or may not do but theoretically a rider with a "steering wheel" could influence the pivoting of the ride vehicle independent of it's doing on the coaster track underneath- maybe not for a full 360 degrees of motion but of some.

Also, I haven't been tracking all the Universal Nintendo rumors particularly closely but this Dynamic Structures video, showing a false "show" track above the true track underneath, immediately made me think not of Mario Kart, but of patent drawings that where rumored to be connected to a Donkey Kong attraction in some way.

nintendo-world-rides-4.png

nintendo-world-rides-3.png
That’s apparently not what DK will be anymore.

Bairstow

Why? This ride system is perfect for a Donkey Kong Country ride.
Does anyone (other than Billy Mitchell) still care about Donkey Kong these days?
It struck me as kind of redundant anyway in park that already has an indoor mine car chase attraction AND an attraction set in a cave featuring a big gorilla named Kong.

Mike S

Why? This ride system is perfect for a Donkey Kong Country ride.
That’s what I thought at first too but apparently they’ve got something else.
Does anyone (other than Billy Mitchell) still care about Donkey Kong these days?
It struck me as kind of redundant anyway in park that already has an indoor mine car chase attraction AND an attraction set in a cave featuring a big gorilla named Kong.
Yes, people care. Donkey Kong Country is still a very beloved series.

OG Runner

This right here is why Disney wanted Remy's name in the title

I make a comment on the ride and ride system and why it doesn't seem like an E-Ticket, and you, along with
a bunch of others, (those that liked your comment), fixate on that I didn't use the Rat's proper name? Now am
not amazed at how these discussions get off track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom