News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

doctornick

Question: does the launch occur within the Energy building and shoot the vehicles into the new building? Or is there a slower conveyance into the new building and the launch occurs there?

hobovampire

To add to that, it is a Vekoma Controlled Spin ride system.
Thank you! That helps!

Adam Warlock was teased at the end of GotG2. Since the coaster will be coming out after the third movie, I think there’s a pretty good chance of him being in the ride (like Mantis out in Mission Breakout).

Look, I just..I want him so bad. He was in the Collector's place, too. His cocoon. I just
Need it

CalebS

Question: does the launch occur within the Energy building and shoot the vehicles into the new building? Or is there a slower conveyance into the new building and the launch occurs there?
I tried to find a quote to give you a for sure answer but if i remember right you are launched out of the energy building into the new building, if I am wrong someone will correct me

raymusiccity

You just don't get it. First off, everyone knows "Disney Coasters" must be built into a mountain. If not, all coaster track must be hidden in a giant building that's so dark inside you can't see the track. And said giant building must be invisible. Any deviation from said rules obviously means 6 Flags quality. Geez, this isn't rocket science.

And don't get me started on colored water slides. Quote

Let's keep this thread politically correct........ Those are water slides of color! :rolleyes:

A launch out of the old Energy pavilion and in to the new coaster building would be an excellent experience providing it's all enclosed or had a covering ala Tron Light Cycle Run.

If it is a controlled rotation cart then I would imagine they are going to use The Milano as the ride vehicle inspiration as in the films that has a large degree of rotation / hover etc ability.

Lensman

You are correct.
Would we call the new building the gravity building if the launch occurred there? I suspect not but I'm not a coaster expert.

f it is a controlled rotation cart then I would imagine they are going to use The Milano as the ride vehicle inspiration as in the films that has a large degree of rotation / hover etc ability.
I think it would be even more rotational fun to be in one of the escape pods, like the one that Rocket, Thor, and Groot took to Nidavellir.

Even Rocket got a bit of motion sickness when Thor swung the escape pod around to restart the forge.

Last edited:
Would we call the new building the gravity building if the launch occurred there? I suspect not but I'm not a coaster expert.

I think it would be even more rotational fun to be in one of the escape pods, like the one that Rocket, Thor, and Groot took to Nidavellir.

Even Rocket got a bit of motion sickness when Thor swung the escape pod around to restart the forge.

Or maybe the mining pods from the first guardians movie?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A launch out of the old Energy pavilion and in to the new coaster building would be an excellent experience providing it's all enclosed or had a covering ala Tron Light Cycle Run.

If it is a controlled rotation cart then I would imagine they are going to use The Milano as the ride vehicle inspiration as in the films that has a large degree of rotation / hover etc ability.
Thanks -- now I want a cookie...

1990sWDW

I think this ride gets re themed to be a general "cosmic" marvel universe attraction.

Marvel were always heading to more cosmic centric storyline after Phase 3. Now they seem likely to just make Infinity War the ending for the Guardians as we knew them. But they still have Thor, Rocket, Nebula, Strange, Captain Marvel and whatever surprise characters they could shoehorn in for next year's Avengers movie (maybe a big villain set-up for the next phases... Galactus?)

It just seems like they could easily change the theme of this without really changing anything. You can still have the Collector, Rocket, Strange, Captain Marvel, Nebula and then just sub in a Hemsworth Chris for a Pratt Chris.

And obviously "snapped" characters are coming back like Spider Man and Black Panther, but it seems like an easy out for Disney to just choose to tie-up the classic guardians story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom