News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Bairstow

Because that wasn’t the intention?

Same with Alcatraz.

Besides, it wasn’t "multiple" - it’s two pairs purely to increase capacity and length of ride. The "design choice" was to hide the fact there’s even an elevator unless you know where to look.
The fact that it was intentional is exactly what makes it a bizarre design choice.

yensidtlaw1969

The fact that it was intentional is exactly what makes it a bizarre design choice.
Doesn't sound any more bizarre than The Haunted Mansion masking their elevator as a Stretching Room (In Disneyland, at least).

Sometimes the fun is in disguising what's really happening in order to achieve an effect. I get the impression that Alcatraz will feel to the rider like it has an absolutely tremendous footprint when the truth is that half the ride is on top of the other.

Goob

Since we’re talking about other attractions and IP’s, does anyone with knowledge have any idea if WDW is currently planning a classic, non IP E-ticket? I realize Mickeys Railway fits this, but are there any others?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Since we’re talking about other attractions and IP’s, does anyone with knowledge have any idea if WDW is currently planning a classic, non IP E-ticket? I realize Mickeys Railway fits this, but are there any others?

Not mentioned by any of our insiders. Though, the new Illuminations has a possibility of being IP free.

montyz81

After reading the following post by Joe Rohde, I felt like I had to comment on his sleepover experience in DL and it feels very relevant to the disembowelment(yes I used this word intentionally) of the original theme from EPCOT Center by building GoTU; . One quote that stood out: "There’s no denying that these parks are real places, with all the opportunities and inconveniences that real places sometimes present. But they are also transcendent places, where, for a second, all the world and all of time and the secret meaning of everything can be encapsulated in the wonder of a child." Now, this could be my tainted interpretation of his words, but to me, using IPs throughout the parks in a way that is mostly in your face, is sucking out the ability for the "wonder of a child" to exist. The inability for people to exercise their imagination has become more prevalent within Disney Parks due to the constant merging of the handheld experience and the ride experience. The wonder of a child is becoming a relic. Disney needs to put back the ability to imagine in their rides. Even though it was an educational experience, UoE and Ellen's Energy Adventure did give you the ability to imagine and wonder about the topic. I firmly believe the GoTU experience will be nothing more than an extension of the movie with a bit of thrill integrated. The ability to wonder will not exist on this ride, in my opinion.

I know this is out of my control and we are heading in this direction no matter what, but reading a quote from an Imagineer talking about the wonder of a child felt a bit hypocritical as they destroy the ability to wonder in a park that he helped create, that was inherent in all the parks from the beginning. It is very frustraiting and I felt like it had to be pointed out. Don't get me wrong, I like Joe and think he is the closest we have to the original ideals of the park, but this just felt like a slap in the face.

twebber55

After reading the following post by Joe Rohde, I felt like I had to comment on his sleepover experience in DL and it feels very relevant to the disembowelment(yes I used this word intentionally) of the original theme from EPCOT Center by building GoTU; . One quote that stood out: "There’s no denying that these parks are real places, with all the opportunities and inconveniences that real places sometimes present. But they are also transcendent places, where, for a second, all the world and all of time and the secret meaning of everything can be encapsulated in the wonder of a child." Now, this could be my tainted interpretation of his words, but to me, using IPs throughout the parks in a way that is mostly in your face, is sucking out the ability for the "wonder of a child" to exist. The inability for people to exercise their imagination has become more prevalent within Disney Parks due to the constant merging of the handheld experience and the ride experience. The wonder of a child is becoming a relic. Disney needs to put back the ability to imagine in their rides. Even though it was an educational experience, UoE and Ellen's Energy Adventure did give you the ability to imagine and wonder about the topic. I firmly believe the GoTU experience will be nothing more than an extension of the movie with a bit of thrill integrated. The ability to wonder will not exist on this ride, in my opinion.

I know this is out of my control and we are heading in this direction no matter what, but reading a quote from an Imagineer talking about the wonder of a child felt a bit hypocritical as they destroy the ability to wonder in a park that he helped create, that was inherent in all the parks from the beginning. It is very frustraiting and I felt like it had to be pointed out. Don't get me wrong, I like Joe and think he is the closest we have to the original ideals of the park, but this just felt like a slap in the face.

he also said "Source is irrelevant. Design and narrative both succeed on their own merits not the merit of subject. Otherwise every tie-in would succeed."
which is something ive always agreed with

montyz81

Then maybe I am wrong. Maybe this is the right direction. Walt did specifically name the DL castle after a currently released (at the time) movie. But I guess what I am saying is that EPCOT Center didn't connect to a specific entertainment offering outside the park. The park's allure to me, made me as a 12 year old child stand back and wonder about the future and very interested in other cultcures. Maybe I am just to caught up in the original intent of the par. Maybe the way to connect to a child now a days is to use what they see on their phones and make it as real as possible in the ride. That said, I don't think they will ever walk away from that park, in current or future form, the way I did! In other words, they won't be inspired.

Rteetz

Then maybe I am wrong. Maybe this is the right direction. Walt did specifically name the DL castle after a currently released (at the time) movie. But I guess what I am saying is that EPCOT Center didn't connect to a specific entertainment offering outside the park. The park's allure to me, made me as a 12 year old child stand back and wonder about the future and very interested in other cultcures. Maybe I am just to caught up in the original intent of the par. Maybe the way to connect to a child now a days is to use what they see on their phones and make it as real as possible in the ride. That said, I don't think they will ever walk away from that park, in current or future form, the way I did! In other words, they won't be inspired.
Sleeping Beauty wasn’t released until 1959 so that movie wasn’t out yet when the park opened.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Expedition Everest has no IP...
Yeti.jpg

cohaco

This propably won't move the discussion much, but dsny has posted a new video and has yet again used marni's info ( while mentioning him as a reliable insider and showing a video capture of the thread so props to him for that i guess). He also suggested the possiblity of using the new projection technology about which i linked a video earlier on in the thread ( and I'm sure that's how he got the idea so I can't help but feel a little happy). I know this is all old news to us, but hey i guess it's something to show you.
also off topic and I may be late to the conversation but i absoluty love transformers and was blown away when I rode it for the first time and -unpopular opinion- I much prefer it to spider man since i think that the latter is a bit underwhelming specially for all the hype it gets, despite being fun. I also like kong a lot and enjoy it every time I ride it. Honestly I think it's well done and the 3-D, in the 360 scene in particular, is among the best i've seen. I'll finish by saying that unlike a lot of ppl, i enjoy screen attractions, quite a lot sometimes, and don't really get screen fatigue.

IveBeenJack

This propably won't move the discussion much, but dsny has posted a new video and has yet again used marni's info ( while mentioning him as a reliable insider and showing a video capture of the thread so props to him for that i guess). He also suggested the possiblity of using the new projection technology about which i linked a video earlier on in the thread ( and I'm sure that's how he got the idea so I can't help but feel a little happy). I know this is all old news to us, but hey i guess it's something to show you.
also off topic and I may be late to the conversation but i absoluty love transformers and was blown away when I rode it for the first time and -unpopular opinion- I much prefer it to spider man since i think that the latter is a bit underwhelming specially for all the hype it gets, despite being fun. I also like kong a lot and enjoy it every time I ride it. Honestly I think it's well done and the 3-D, in the 360 scene in particular, is among the best i've seen. I'll finish by saying that unlike a lot of ppl, i enjoy screen attractions, quite a lot sometimes, and don't really get screen fatigue.

Thanks Cohaco! I always properly source and credit those insiders and this site/forum. Especially since Corless stole the info from this forum around 2 days later and tried to act like it was his discovery.

I did use the clip, because I found it interesting of the projection mapping, however I didn’t say it would definitely be used, as I did state it was just speculative at the moment.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom