News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Suchomimus

EPCOT however was the greatest park ever build.
IjIe8N.gif

Not unless you count EPCOT as a jogging track.

PrincessJulia1207

i'm actually pretty okay with this attraction because i knew a replacement for ellen was long overdue, but one thing about the announcement left me unhappy:
"The Guardians of the Galaxy-inspired attraction will be added to Future World, adhering to the original vision of Epcot’s Future World as the place to experience the excitement and adventure offered by space travel."
....except that's not EPCOT Future World's "original vision"??? (right??)

Casper Gutman

I love the MCU and I love Guardians. Unabashedly.

But considering the MCU is the crown jewel of franchises, the series every other studio desperately wants, the property that has changed how all of Hollywood does business... the way Disney has been using it in the parks really gives the impression they think its not very important at all.

I mean, TRON gets a new build, and the MCU gets shoved into pre-existing structures. Its a bad message to send.

Calm Down Rover

i'm actually pretty okay with this attraction because i knew a replacement for ellen was long overdue, but one thing about the announcement left me unhappy:
"The Guardians of the Galaxy-inspired attraction will be added to Future World, adhering to the original vision of Epcot’s Future World as the place to experience the excitement and adventure offered by space travel."
....except that's not EPCOT Future World's "original vision"??? (right??)

Yeah, I made my peace with Energy leaving a while ago but the way that they announced it really rubbed me the wrong way. Like, c'mon. We're not dumb, Bob.

RobidaFlats

I like how Bobby says GOTG fits in Epcot because Peter Quill visited when he was a child...

So since he experienced it in its previous glory, can we assume that Peter Quill is also disappointed to see what has become of EPCOT Center?

Seriously though, the cognitive dissonance involved in destroying a legacy while appealing to memories and nostalgia is amazing.

PrincessJulia1207

When Disney announced the Tron coaster
459.gif

Then when Disney announced gotg coming to Epcot
189.gif

Hearing this news almost brought me to tears. When Tom Fitzgerald said something along the lines of "this attraction will incorporate all the ideals of Epcot," I almost laughed.

RIP EPCOT.

So since he experienced it in its previous glory, can we assume that Peter Quill is also disappointed to see what has become of EPCOT Center?

Seriously though, the cognitive dissonance involved in destroying a legacy while appealing to memories and nostalgia is amazing.

i just cackled :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom