News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DonaldDoleWhip

As far as fit goes, the final concept seems to work better than I expected it to. That said, even if it didn't, Epcot has been a hollow shell with booze, snacks, and barely anything fun for years, especially Future World (RIP).
  • Test Track 2.0 fits Epcot visually, but the narration is a snooze.
  • The highlight of the space pavilion is now a restaurant.
  • Soarin' 2.0 was the right idea, but the score arrangement, overused CGI, and scene choices (it should've emphasized natural beauty like the original) drag it down.
  • Imagination literally has none, and The Seas feels dated.
  • Spaceship Earth needed that refurbishment years ago.
By most accounts, Cosmic Rewind is pure fun, groovy, engaging, and ambitious in its own way. I imagine it'll be the highlight of Epcot for years to come and can't wait to try it next month. Kudos to the team that made it happen.

Incomudro

As far as fit goes, the final concept seems to work better than I expected it to. That said, even if it didn't, Epcot has been a hollow shell with booze, snacks, and barely anything fun for years, especially Future World (RIP).
  • Test Track 2.0 fits Epcot visually, but the narration is a snooze.
  • The highlight of the space pavilion is now a restaurant.
  • Soarin' 2.0 was the right idea, but the score arrangement, overused CGI, and scene choices (it should've emphasized natural beauty like the original) drag it down.
  • Imagination literally has none, and The Seas feels dated.
  • Spaceship Earth needed that refurbishment years ago.
By most accounts, Cosmic Rewind is pure fun, groovy, engaging, and ambitious in its own way. I imagine it'll be the highlight of Epcot for years to come and can't wait to try it next month. Kudos to the team that made it happen.
Cosmic Rewind brings much needed life to what had grown to look and feel like a dystopian Future World to me.

Thepuma

To each there own, but we were at Uni the week after Hagrid's opened and didn't get to ride because of the (IMHO) horrendous queue situation. There was just no way my family was going to wait in a 3 to 4 or more hour long queue in the midday sun (the ride typically didn't even open until noon by which time a massive line had already formed) for a single ride. But I would have absolutely loved if there was a virtual queue like the boarding passes Disney uses. Or heck even a paid option to avoid the line.

I was in Universal on Wednesday this week and Hagrids opened at 8.45am - at this time the wait was 70 minutes...but throughout the whole day the wait time never went above 80 minutes....and even fell to 30 minutes just before park close.

doctornick

I was in Universal on Wednesday this week and Hagrids opened at 8.45am - at this time the wait was 70 minutes...but throughout the whole day the wait time never went above 80 minutes....and even fell to 30 minutes just before park close.
Just to be clear: I was talking about Hagrids right after it first opened in June 2019. The topic at hand was how to handle popular new rides when they initially open and inevitably will get long lines if they do standby lines.

ZachPL

Just to be clear: I was talking about Hagrids right after it first opened in June 2019. The topic at hand was how to handle popular new rides when they initially open and inevitably will get long lines if they do standby lines.
The biggest issue with Hagrids is it probably opened too early before enough realibility testing was done, univerisal had a full on ad compaign going though so there wasn't much choice of falling back. Those four hours waits in the morning just for the ride to open where interesting (my sister and I waited once)

Rich Brownn

The biggest issue with Hagrids is it probably opened too early before enough realibility testing was done, univerisal had a full on ad compaign going though so there wasn't much choice of falling back. Those four hours waits in the morning just for the ride to open where interesting (my sister and I waited once)
Ride was working fine in testing until an issue cropped up about 2 weeks before opening. Since rescheduling stars and press is virtually impossible, they just had to deal with it. (At least it worked, unlike all the big attractions at the openings of Universal and Epcot) LOL

doctornick

Confirmation of Ride Capacity

You're hearing this first apart from my Twitter feed

Well that’s good to know. At the very least you can say that Disney was concerned about capacity and guest satisfaction with throughput like that which is high for a coaster. And it argues against the idea that Disney wants to limit capacity and increase wait times in order to sell more ILLs

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind photo gallery with a full tour through the building.

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_47350.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom