News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

mergatroid

I don't want spoilers so I'm asking this here. For somebody who feels slightly off after Expedition Everest (not on the brink of vomiting or anything like that), should I be concerned about motion sickness on this ride? When I finally get to ride in a few weeks, would people who have ridden recommend taking Dramamine prior to riding?
Why not just take it and then you're covered? Some get sick and many don't, but if you're concerned I'd just take the meds.

Chupaca Bruh

Bonine is "Less" drowsy not non drowsy. For some of us it is still too potent and can ruin a day at the parks. As I read on here I see it works fine for many but telling people it is "Non Drowsy" doesn't relay the proper information.
1654783468105.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I take my antihistamine pill with a caffeine pill (I don't like coffee), and I'm not drowsy.

After all, Excedrin is aspirin *and* caffeine.

I know this isn't a solution for many people, but, if it helps...

correcaminos

Bonine is "Less" drowsy not non drowsy. For some of us it is still too potent and can ruin a day at the parks. As I read on here I see it works fine for many but telling people it is "Non Drowsy" doesn't relay the proper information. View attachment 644522
Wow that was a bit harsh. I don't take it and our generic doesn't say this on it. Forgive me for attempting to help since ours says non-drowsy

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

I wonder if the nausea issue will resolve itself over time. I think the unknown creates a lot of the problem, the first time I rode Everest I nearly hurled on the backwards part because I didn’t know what was coming, now that I’ve ridden a few times I can predict what direction we’re turning ahead of time (despite going backwards) so I don’t get nauseous anymore.

The same was true on FOP, I nearly fell down after my first ride because I had such bad vertigo, now I can ride it with no problems.

They didn’t physically alter either ride but just knowing what’s coming allows my body and mind to handle the motion better. The people who can’t handle the motion will also quickly learn to avoid it, problem solved.

UNCgolf

I wonder if the nausea issue will resolve itself over time. I think the unknown creates a lot of the problem, the first time I rode Everest I nearly hurled on the backwards part because I didn’t know what was coming, now that I’ve ridden a few times I can predict what direction we’re turning ahead of time (despite going backwards) so I don’t get nauseous anymore.

The same was true on FOP, I nearly fell down after my first ride because I had such bad vertigo, now I can ride it with no problems.

They didn’t physically alter either ride but just knowing what’s coming allows my body and mind to handle the motion better. The people who can’t handle the motion will also quickly learn to avoid it, problem solved.

Most people aren't getting on those rides often enough to know/remember that (maybe once every few years), not to mention the huge numbers of people who are there for the very first time.

The number of people who are visiting Disney regularly enough for something like that to matter is a small minority of guests.

mergatroid

Is it still classed as a huge problem, somebody on here said "The ride vehicle was literally covered in vomit" ?

Casper Gutman

Is it still classed as a huge problem, somebody on here said "The ride vehicle was literally covered in vomit" ?
As you well know, that was me. I was referring to a first-hand report from the previews posted on these boards in which the poster explained their was vomit on the restraints of their vehicle at load and that the entire car smelled of vomit. You claim to value such first-hand reports, so I felt it would be a useful illustration of the issue.

Again, it’s childish to pretend you’re ignoring me and yet to continue to snipe at me. Please have the dignity to do one or the other - engage or ignore. Either is valid.

mergatroid

As you well know, that was me. I was referring to a first-hand report from the previews posted on these boards in which the poster explained their was vomit on the restraints of their vehicle at load and that the entire car smelled of vomit. You claim to value such first-hand reports, so I felt it would be a useful illustration of the issue.

Again, it’s childish to pretend you’re ignoring me and yet to continue to snipe at me. Please have the dignity to do one or the other - engage or ignore. Either is valid.
I ignore you and yet YOU keep quoting me!

You seem very 'up yourself' to assume I know it was you that posted it, especially as you've just admitted it was a post you repeated from somebody else and not your own! Why would you assume it was your post I saw or remembered. Please have the dignity and maturity to take a leaf out of your own book and ignore me rather than continually quoting me and assuming my posts are directed towards you.

Please stop quoting me, I have no interest in engaging with you sir.

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

Speaking of vomit (fun times!), yesterday we boarded our Mission Space orange capsule and waited for the ride to begin, when they opened ours up and ushered us out. Someone had just thrown up the previous cycle, and while I didn’t notice, my sister and the other party could smell it.

Then outside Space 220 a party behind us mentioned someone throwing up at Cosmic Rewind…in the queue hahaha.

Something about World Discovery, I suppose - here’s hoping the Play Pavilion fares better than its neighbors or predecessor (out-of-sync Body Wars was rough).

mysto

There has been some criticism, but I think this highlights THE major design flaw with this ride. They absolutely should have included an industry standard puke remediation spur track with a garden hose for hosing down the cars without incurring downtime. If this were Universal they would have designed it with this obvious feature.

Mike S

Since some time has passed since riding this on day 2 of opening and I’ve had time to think it over I’ll share my thoughts.

I was excited for this ride when I saw it announced in attendance at D23. Of course I’d miss UoE but I got closure with that long ago when on the last ride it broke down and I got to walk around the diorama. I’ve gone to Disney and Orlando in general less and less over the years except for when something new opened so I feel like I’ve “detoxed” so to speak and look at things with a bit more of an unbiased eye.

With that said, this ride is definitely fun but it lacks substance. Even Mission Breakout (GASP!) better utilizes these characters. The screens are completely unconvincing of anything and it shocks me how this ride’s construction budget was rumored to be around $500 million. The theme is a complete miss with only the tiniest of bones thrown in a meta “we’re in Epcot!” fashion. Ratatouille is a much better fit for the park than this is and far more immersive of an experience. If you’re looking for a new greatly themed roller coaster in Orlando that’s both fun and blends in greatly with its surrounding environment, look no further than the VelociCoaster.

This should’ve been in Tomorrowland.

DonaldDoleWhip

Since some time has passed since riding this on day 2 of opening and I’ve had time to think it over I’ll share my thoughts.

I was excited for this ride when I saw it announced in attendance at D23. Of course I’d miss UoE but I got closure with that long ago when on the last ride it broke down and I got to walk around the diorama. I’ve gone to Disney and Orlando in general less and less over the years except for when something new opened so I feel like I’ve “detoxed” so to speak and look at things with a bit more of an unbiased eye.

With that said, this ride is definitely fun but it lacks substance. Even Mission Breakout (GASP!) better utilizes these characters. The screens are completely unconvincing of anything and it shocks me how this ride’s construction budget was rumored to be around $500 million. The theme is a complete miss with only the tiniest of bones thrown in a meta “we’re in Epcot!” fashion. Ratatouille is a much better fit for the park than this is and far more immersive of an experience. If you’re looking for a new greatly themed roller coaster in Orlando that’s both fun and blends in greatly with its surrounding environment, look no further than the VelociCoaster.

This should’ve been in Tomorrowland.
All fair enough points (not sure I agree on Ratatouille being more immersive; have also had a similar detox from the Orlando area), but I would take this one over VelociCoaster, and I love the thrills VelociCoaster delivers.

Now that's a ride where the theming feels bare and meta, albeit fitting to its surroundings.

Flaws and all, they're probably my two favorite rides anywhere right now (Shanghai Pirates could also be in the top group).

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Speaking of vomit (fun times!), yesterday we boarded our Mission Space orange capsule and waited for the ride to begin, when they opened ours up and ushered us out. Someone had just thrown up the previous cycle, and while I didn’t notice, my sister and the other party could smell it.

Then outside Space 220 a party behind us mentioned someone throwing up at Cosmic Rewind…in the queue hahaha.

Something about World Discovery, I suppose - here’s hoping the Play Pavilion fares better than its neighbors or predecessor (out-of-sync Body Wars was rough).
Well, there might be another reason to vomit from Play!, and it won't be from motion sickness :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom