News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

bdearl41

(sigh) Unless they randomly decide to let day guests in for super sneak previews, looks like we'll be missing it by a matter of days. Our last day (coincidentally scheduled for Epcot) is April 29th. 😩

-Rob
Same boat for us, our last Epcot day is May 7. I’ll probably get to watch streamers walk in the building. Smh.

lewisc

Thank you for confirming the dates I had heard! (just didn't post specifics)

Current date I've heard for Club 33 previews at least is May 7th.

Yeah, it was more just the dates were end of week one and the beginning of the second. I (think) I was mistaken on the travel agents being part of the GOTG launch though, who knows they may be helping the celebration continue?

Are we all ready for Even More Magic?
Would you care to speculate as to possible days of AP previews?

ilovetotravel1977

I think it depends on how reliable it is. If they believe it will run without stoppages the vast majority of the time, I think they'll want the ILL money. If it's going to have significant downtime like RotR, then it may not be an option until they have it sorted out.

As of right now, we weren't going to bother with Genie+ for Epcot since we are staying onsite (30 minutes EE), but with GOTG opened, I wonder if we might need it. New ride = more people in Epcot.

mtrella

all these dates flying around do you all think this will still be a memorial day weekend opening? have a trip planned for the first week in june and keeping my fingers crossed we will get the chance to ride this

skippah

Well, that might explain why Space 220 is closed for dinner on the 5th...

So what can I expect on a media preview day(s)?? Is it invite only or will every vlogger with 10 likes convene on EPCOT those days?? Just trying to plan an already interesting week with events at other parks.

Not complaining, just firmly believe that forewarned is forearmed. :cool:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think it depends on how reliable it is. If they believe it will run without stoppages the vast majority of the time, I think they'll want the ILL money. If it's going to have significant downtime like RotR, then it may not be an option until they have it sorted out.

BGs seem to be their go-to for new rides, regardless of reliability of the ride system. It allows them to not have massive waits and what they perceive as the "negative PR" which comes with those waits. Again, just my uneducated opinion.

The ILL will assuredly come soon enough, probably in time for the crowds in Q4 '22, sooner if BG availability begins to stretch past park opening.

ToTBellHop

BGs seem to be their go-to for new rides, regardless of reliability of the ride system. It allows them to not have massive waits and what they perceive as the "negative PR" which comes with those waits. Again, just my uneducated opinion.

The ILL will assuredly come soon enough, probably in time for the crowds in Q4 '22, sooner if BG availability begins to stretch past park opening.
Part of the ILL decision will depend on how reliable the ride is. Part of the reason they waited so long on RotR was the frequent breakdowns. It’s a bit better now (and they are more tolerant of major showpieces being down…).

UNCgolf

Right, but they can do both systems, which is what I think will happen. They've already done BG and ILL at the same time, so people who don't get a BG can get an ILL. It was either on RotR or Ratatouille or maybe both. As I said above, reliability seems to be the defining factor.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Right, but they can do both systems, which is what I think will happen. They've already done BG and ILL at the same time, so people who don't get a BG can get an ILL. It was either on RotR or Ratatouille or maybe both. As I said above, reliability seems to be the defining factor.

Excellent point, they will do BG's and then those who don't win the lottery can pay through the nose to ride the new thing (once they figure out an acceptable number of broken/not working things). And let's not kid ourselves - ILL for this will likely set new highs for prices at the outset. Oh, you paid $129 to get into the park and expect to ride the newest ride? That's not how Disney works anymore.

And my one-word response to that is - Disgusting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom