News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

James Alucobond

Ah, but Wonders is the other pavilion.

How about "Guardians of the Universe of Energy" and "Wonders of PLAY!"?

Then we can continue and rename the next ones "Horizons of Space" and "Test Track of Motion"!
Even though Horizons and World of Motion originally worked this way too, I'd honestly rather Test Track and Mission: SPACE switch to the model of having the pavilion name be independent of the attraction.

ilovetotravel1977

Will this ride start out with BGs? Or go to the moneymaking $LL? We won't be there until Nov/Dec 2022, so even if it is BG at the start, I suppose they could change it by then...

lewisc

Will this ride start out with BGs? Or go to the moneymaking $LL? We won't be there until Nov/Dec 2022, so even if it is BG at the start, I suppose they could change it by then...
None of us know for sure...but I don't think there is any question. If this attractions doesn't fit the criteria for a $LL nothing does.

UNCgolf

None of us know for sure...but I don't think there is any question. If this attractions doesn't fit the criteria for a $LL nothing does.

I'm thinking both. Boarding groups with the ability to buy an ILL if you don't get a group. Didn't they do that for Ratatouille for a bit?

lewisc

I'm thinking both. Boarding groups with the ability to buy an ILL if you don't get a group. Didn't they do that for Ratatouille for a bit?
Probably. The question is what % is allocated to $LL.

Standby instead of VQ if projected standby will be under 2 hourx

UNCgolf

In my uneducated opinion, I’d say this is likely BG-only for the first several months.

I think it depends on how reliable it is. If they believe it will run without stoppages the vast majority of the time, I think they'll want the ILL money. If it's going to have significant downtime like RotR, then it may not be an option until they have it sorted out.

Magic Feather

Media event for Guardians looks like it’s May 4-6.
Earlier than I had it penciled in for. Makes me wonder how that could adjust the potential preview schedule I was shown. Alternatively, I wonder if rat taught them that they are best off doing their media push before previews occur to prevent images, videos, and full reviews from coming out ahead of media.

lewisc

Earlier than I had it penciled in for. Makes me wonder how that could adjust the potential preview schedule I was shown. Alternatively, I wonder if rat taught them that they are best off doing their media push before previews occur to prevent images, videos, and full reviews from coming out ahead of media.
Poster suggested first week in May press, second week travel agents

No Name

Excited we’re getting closer, I really have high hopes and expectations for this, namely because this ride cost about as much as both Guardians movies combined.

55BD241E-3219-46EA-AC56-327F90C1E92C.jpeg

flutas

Thank you for confirming the dates I had heard! (just didn't post specifics)

Current date I've heard for Club 33 previews is May 7th.

Typically they aren’t separated by weeks but just a day or two.

Yeah, it was more just the dates were end of week one and the beginning of the second. I (think) I was mistaken on the travel agents being part of the GOTG launch though, who knows they may be helping the celebration continue?

Are we all ready for Even More Magic?

Last edited:

Rob562

(sigh) Unless they randomly decide to let day guests in for super sneak previews, looks like we'll be missing it by a matter of days. Our last day (coincidentally scheduled for Epcot) is April 29th. 😩

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom