News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

co10064

Premium Member
Do we know what the entrance configuration will look like? I assume one set of automatic doors (circled in yellow) will be a standby entrance and the other a Lightning Lane entrance... but the way the canopy frame (circled in blue) is positioned (as well as what appears to be stands/tapstiles underneath it), make me think you enter under the canopy and then make a sharp turn into an automatic door? I'm not sure what the purpose of the canopy is.
3661AF20-DDD9-4FB4-8EA7-A727E152F117.jpeg

James Alucobond

Do we know what the entrance configuration will look like? I assume one set of automatic doors (circled in yellow) will be a standby entrance and the other a Lightning Lane entrance... but the way the canopy frame (circled in blue) is positioned (as well as what appears to be stands/tapstiles underneath it), make me think you enter under the canopy and then make a sharp turn into an automatic door? I'm not sure what the purpose of the canopy is.
View attachment 609994
Pretty sure the tapstiles are under the greeter structure, which sits in front of the building, allowing them to direct riders left or right after they pass under it. The path to each entrance will likely be cordoned off, though I suppose it’s possible one may just be a “free” entrance to allow access to some of the Treasures of Xandar exhibits without actually entering the queue. The exit is on the right side of the building.

tommyhawkins

View attachment 609994

Exit is the right door, there's scope for two queues at the centre. Then left could well be ADA or other types of entrance like LL as it appears to cut out a chunk of queue

Marc Davis Fan

Well that would make sense because Xandar has built this pavilion on Earth.

I guess they had Earthlings design it for them, too. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I imagined somebody might say that, yet if it were the true thematic explanation, it would be as weak as "this is supposed to be a cheap-looking carnival in a small town!" The pavilion is supposed to showcase Xandar, presumably designed and built by Xandarians... plus simply on the aesthetic front, a store-bought door isn't the way to begin an otherworldly adventure. IMHO.

James Alucobond

But seriously, I imagined somebody might say that, yet if it were the true thematic explanation, it would be as weak as "this is supposed to be a cheap-looking carnival in a small town!" The pavilion is supposed to showcase Xandar, presumably designed and built by Xandarians... plus simply on the aesthetic front, a store-bought door isn't the way to begin an otherworldly adventure. IMHO.
Pretty sure there's not much that's really special about the doors and windows we see on Xandar in the film. My memory may be hazy, but I think one of the doors is literally just flat, unadorned aluminum panels that slide open. That said, their architecture also looks extremely eclectic from the wide shots we get, so eh.

MiddKid

After 4 days at Disneyland and the entire group declaring Mission Breakout their favorite attraction (behind Rise), I think of my favorite line by Rocket: “Is that Disneyland? That’s not thematically consistent!!!” So so awesome.

We can have Rocket riff on the thematically inconsistent doors here too 😜

peter11435

Every future world pavilion has these same doors as do 4 of the World Showcase pavilions.

Marc Davis Fan

Almost every future world pavilion has these doors.

Every future world pavilion has these same doors as do 4 of the World Showcase pavilions.

"Other world showcase pavilion" indeed...

But yeah, it's far from a huge deal. It's not as like they've added plain automatic doors to the Tower of Terror lobby or the Rise of the Resistance hangar bay.

That being said, when it comes to immersion and promoting a suspension of disbelief, the more unique features the better (all else being equal). It would've been nice if the doors didn't look identical to their counterparts on all the "Earth-showcasing pavilions."

Fingers crossed for the rest of the interior design. Some of the concept art looks promising...

Incomudro

"Other world showcase pavilion" indeed...

But yeah, it's far from a huge deal. It's not as like they've added plain automatic doors to the Tower of Terror lobby or the Rise of the Resistance hangar bay.

That being said, when it comes to immersion and promoting a suspension of disbelief, the more unique features the better (all else being equal). It would've been nice if the doors didn't look identical to their counterparts on all the "Earth-showcasing pavilions."

Fingers crossed for the rest of the interior design. Some of the concept art looks promising...
Looks like there's some trim that'll go up around those doors that isn't in place yet.
That'll help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom