News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

It's an "other world" as in Sci-Fi descriptions of other planets and civilizations.

Right, I understood that. I'm saying it's a strange way to describe it because it's not physically located in the World Showcase nor is it really a World Showcase pavilion in any real sense. Even if it's supposed to be a Xanadarian outreach center or whatever, it still skews closer to an old Future World pavilion than a World Showcase one.

Just drop the word Showcase and it works better, at least to me.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I feel some new lighting will be going in here soon:
PXL_20210901_232249389.jpg

Movielover

I’d just like to point out how ironic it is that the Energy pavilion once again will end up fully finished with show install, but lack the media required to open the new show. It’s like Summer 1996 all over again, except there’s no way to bring back the old show in the meantime.
It's fine, they can just pull a Test Track and reopen Horizon's as a temporary... oh right.

DreamfinderGuy

It's fine, they can just pull a Test Track and reopen Horizon's as a temporary... oh right.
It was especially funny when with both Energy and Wonders down it forced them to reopen Mission: Space back in 2017. History repeating itself.

And then there was that time Test Track went down for a refurb and left nothing but Mission: Space operational. Something they directly avoided happening in the past, but there was nothing to prevent it this time around.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
...so it sounds like it's going to be heavily Xandar looking? I mean that's not necessarily a bad thing as Xandar in the movie reminds me a lot of the Tomorrowland movie.

Edit: I'm referring to the interior since we already know what the exterior is going to look like

lgzvmhdcjb0jul2ano9n.jpg

Last edited:

Bleed0range

I constantly think about this. We have had some kind of new additions open pretty constantly over the last few years. Once Guardians, TRON, Starcruiser and Harm opens that is it. Since their is no active construction projects beyond that.

I guess we have destination and D23 coming up though.

I have been thinking about this too. I’m wondering if they stop investing in new things in the parks for a long time after this because of Covid and Chapek. Super Nintendo World here is going to have that Donkey Kong mine cart coaster which is probably going to be way better than the Mario Kart ride is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom