News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
is-disney-targeting-a-summer-2023-opening-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind

Yikes. Summer 2023? Really? 6 years to build an indoor roller coaster? I get the whole taking the time for details and story but come on.
Permit dates are completely meaningless (and the BlogMickey guy knows better). They got a two-year permit.
No footage has been shot with the Guardians.
James Gunn has stated very recently that he is shooting this year.

tommyhawkins

The end date of the permits could also just be just-in-case dates of another COVID shut- or slow-down.

I'll stick with our insiders over an overly long permit dates.
Mike is just making Hay with this story for clicks, he knows full well it's not going to take two years to install a few props to either show building. especially when all the major work, including the dome is done and even basically says so in the article but people dont read that far down the page.
Absolute unlikely, worst case, if Gunn has a four month shoot scheduled for the film, xmas special and ride footage and the latter isn't done concurrently and last thing on the list, we are still looking at being done by February 2022 +Post Production time which puts us into 8-9months from now. Which is more than enough time to complete the install work for an opening in Spring/Summer

EPCOT-O.G.

So, what's the latest guesstimate for opening? Both from an operational/construction standpoint, and one that maximizes its impact on boosting attendance?

Casper Gutman

So it seems likely that the build on this indoor coaster will take the same length of time as Universal’s full new park, entertainment district, and hotel - five years, including a pandemic halt. Is that correct?

tommyhawkins

Who knows when this will be open. I think Disney’s only concern is the shareholders; they will open when it’s most advantageous to the shareholders when ever that would be.
The language coming out of Earnings calls is clear that pent up demand is going to continue to fuel their recovery, once theyre done with domestic pent up demand the borders will be reopened and theyll get us Europeans returning. If they were basing rides opening on the need to draw crowds, they would have opened Rat ride 5 months ago when it was ready.
I suspect they can just shoot for a Memorial day-ish opening of one ride, and then push the other into October/November time. The order of which im not so sure.

Disstevefan1

The language coming out of Earnings calls is clear that pent up demand is going to continue to fuel their recovery, once theyre done with domestic pent up demand the borders will be reopened and theyll get us Europeans returning. If they were basing rides opening on the need to draw crowds, they would have opened Rat ride 5 months ago when it was ready.
I suspect they can just shoot for a Memorial day-ish opening of one ride, and then push the other into October/November time. The order of which im not so sure.
Who knows.. Because of pent up demand they sure don’t need to open it, they can continue to delay, putting off paying their contractors as long as they can…. Disney hates to pay its contractors….

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom