News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

EPCOT-O.G.

The fact they’re trying to make the whole thing about storytelling & supposedly shoehorning unnecessary film IP into the mix on that ride (like the stingray from Moana) is really stupid IMO.. ‘Communication’ (the way we’ve evolved in the way we communicate with others) is far more vast than the simple premise of ‘Storytelling’ but we shall see..
I also wonder if the "evolution of man" narrative theme that carries throughout the ride is viewed as too Euro-centric and patriarchal by the Imagineering reviewers that are seeking to soften those edges throughout the park?

doctornick

I also wonder if the "evolution of man" narrative theme that carries throughout the ride is viewed as too Euro-centric and patriarchal by the Imagineering reviewers that are seeking to soften those edges throughout the park?
The ride is very Western oriented. I generally think they are going overboard in terms of trying to be inoffensive but I absolutely would agree with making SSE more universal. Is there anything from East Asia or India there? Or related to the indigenous peoples of the Americas or Australia? Etc

I mean, I love SSE and think the basic storyline is great, but would definitely support changing up the scenes to include more diverse cultures while keeping the basic premise intact. The storytelling concept though sounds weak.

tommyhawkins

This may have been covered already, I have followed the thread pretty closely but have not seen this hypothesized. There is something that has been bothering me and let's see if I can illustrate it well enough. Please shoot this theory down as you see fit.

The one internal view we have had of the coaster we all (or at least I did) assumed to be looking towards the corner that connects to the Energy building, but something about that picture hasn't seemed to line up in my head.

If you look at the amount of slope the track goes down until you get to the front of the building (yellow), it's a pretty decent vertical drop (red)..
View attachment 577038

But if you look at this picture of that drop - between the top of the coaster until it hits the front of the building it appears to be much much smaller.
View attachment 577041

So is it an optical illusion I'm confusing myself on or could we actually be facing a different section of the building in the internal view? and the track is actually not entering/exiting the building at that point?

The below is just a guess as to alternate orientation of the internal photo.

View attachment 577042
There is an optical illusion, but no its not what you think it is.

The photo hides the fact the the corner is not square and goes back 40ft further than the back wall, I have modelled the entire building. heres a top down view

There is an optical illusion, but no its not what you think it is.

The photo hides the fact the the corner is not square and goes back 40ft further than the back wall, I have modelled the entire building. heres a top down view

Also look at the original post and at the bottom photo. The building is not squared, it looks like it has been angled.

mitchk

Attachments

• BDD12F73-CF9D-416D-95B4-3930C0941D43.jpeg
    BDD12F73-CF9D-416D-95B4-3930C0941D43.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 193
  • A26F1110-B21B-43C5-8EB5-A1DA15441E87.jpeg
    A26F1110-B21B-43C5-8EB5-A1DA15441E87.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 39225D82-90F1-4F40-BE39-2BC71D1D4C76.jpeg
    39225D82-90F1-4F40-BE39-2BC71D1D4C76.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 191

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom