News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DreamfinderGuy

From that one site we don't speak of. Bye bye ugly burnt orange!
1626204167683.png
1626204184107.png

James Norrie

there are some issues with building them over parking lots.. although i love the concept... for one... people would hit the support poles, it reduces parking spots, makes finding your car harder, and to a much lesser extent can increase theft and crime as there are more blind spots. They are doing them right currently, although on top of buildings is another great option. That gravity building could have them for one or any show building. Im just glad they havent tried wind, although the wildlife regulations might be part of that.
Very fair points

Dr.GrantSeeker

there are some issues with building them over parking lots.. although i love the concept... for one... people would hit the support poles, it reduces parking spots, makes finding your car harder, and to a much lesser extent can increase theft and crime as there are more blind spots.
Disneyland Paris wants a word

James Norrie

ppete1975

Exactly what I was thinking about when I mentioned it.
its a great idea although would be better if it moved to match the sun, but it still has all the issues i mentioned. The shade would be nice as an extra but you are still losing parking spots and people will hit them (although this design is one of the best ive seen to get past that. Also like a parking garage its harder to find your car and easier for crimes to occur.

the perfect world people that only exist in Architectural drawings.. arent even able to park properly in it
1626206342486.png

please dont look at this as me being against the idea.. to me solar is the best option to fossil fuels we have.

Amused to Death

...makes finding your car harder

I dunno. I'm thinking it's easier to remember 'Donald Duck' and see his elevated pic from a distance (DLP press photo from above) than it is to remember and look for a faded number on the cement here in FL.

Aren't all six-year-olds armed with their own iPhone these days, anyway? Mine tells me where I parked my car. 😉

ppete1975

I dunno. I'm thinking it's easier to remember 'Donald Duck' and see his elevated pic from a distance (DLP press photo from above) than it is to remember and look for a faded number on the cement here in FL.

Aren't all six-year-olds armed with their own iPhone these days, anyway? Mine tells me where I parked my car. 😉
while that helps and so do the parking markers its still easier for people to look over a parking lot than any covered structure
1626207005844.png

Appears that there has been alot of creative ideas to bypass some of it.

Pardon my ignorance as its been a long time since i looked at the feasibility of moving the company i work for to it.

the ones I was looking at was more like low hanging roofs, in oklahoma we dont really use solar its wind here.. which is a huge mistake

1626207304032.png
1626207332359.png
1626207372617.png
1626207419270.png
1626207438820.png

J4546

I cant wait for the GotG coasster to open up! Epcot was in desperate need of some rides and GOtG, along with Rat really bump up the e-ticket count!

DreamfinderGuy

I cant wait for the GotG coasster to open up! Epcot was in desperate need of some rides and GOtG, along with Rat really bump up the e-ticket count!
Rat isn't an E-Ticket, and with Guardians opening we're now equal with peak EPCOT's amount of thrill rides, down another dark ride.
I could have sworn they repainted it orange during this project? Bizarre
They did. They're now painting it back to grey.

ctrlaltdel

If Rat is an E-Ticket then so was Universe of Energy. Both of them are trackless screen rides with one impressive physical show scene.
Eh, this feels a little disingenuous. I know popularity isn’t the end all be decider of ride catergories and while I don’t believe Rat is a game changer attraction, it pretty clearly will become one of the best liked and heavily ridden attractions at Epcot. I think it’s pretty obviously an E in that context.

I’m not a huge fan of it (it is a little screen heavy for my tastes), but let’s not undersell it either. It’s a pretty impressive ride even if it’s a clone and it has some undeniably effective sequences.

Poseidon Quest

It’s a pretty impressive ride even if it’s a clone and it has some undeniably effective sequences.

Out of curiosity, what makes it so impressive? I see all this praise for Disney's trackless dark rides, especially Rise of the Resistance, but they all seem to be on the weaker end of the spectrum to me.

DCLcruiser

If Rat is an E-Ticket then so was Universe of Energy. Both of them are trackless screen rides with one impressive physical show scene.
Out of curiosity, what makes it so impressive? I see all this praise for Disney's trackless dark rides, especially Rise of the Resistance, but they all seem to be on the weaker end of the spectrum to me.
Not sure if either of you have been on Rat in Paris (I have). Rat is like Spider-Man at Uni. It drives around, jarring you left/right as you travel to different rooms to look at different screens. It's rather fast moving and the mixture of screen and over-sized physical props make you feel like you've shrunk and are scurrying for your life.

It's way more engaging than UoE...not that I don't love all things dinosaurs (and Exxon Tiger videos).

Maybe not E, but at least D.

ctrlaltdel

I haven’t been to check out RotR yet (haven’t been to a Disney park where it’s open since it’s opened) and Rat is the only one I’ve ridden. I did think it felt a little sparse as it is mostly screens with physical sets added in but I did find the RV movements fun, the queue is very solid, and tone of the ride very fun. The giant screen for the climax makes for a very impressive effect and works much better than most of the other screens on the ride.

I know we are way off-topic here in the GOTG thread. Just wanted to say that while it is an esoteric argument over the letter category a ride falls into, I don’t really see an argument for it not being an E at opening at the very least. I think that Rat being a clone (and now trackless dark rides at WDW being old hat) is hurting its reputation on here a bit. It’s definitely a ride with scale and ambition, even if it leans too hard on the screens.

sedati

If you really compare the two, CC and Main Street have a heck of a lot more in common than the plaza hub and CC. It's like it serves both purposes. For Future World, it's a core, for World Showcase, it's the thing that funnels you towards it (that is, if you're skipping Future World, kinda like going straight to Fantasyland at MK). And yeah, most of Main Street's exterior doesn't actually suggest what's on the inside at this point. CC doesn't have this issue because it's not trying to mimic anything, you can just stick signage on it. And does anyone remember park maps?
Then they should have called it "Communistreet."
And yes, it served both purposes, but did so poorly which is why maps were such a neccessity.
As for Main Street's exterior, you may not know exactly what is behind each facade, but I'd bet 99% would guess shop or eatery.

DreamfinderGuy

As for Main Street's exterior, you may not know exactly what is behind each facade, but I'd bet 99% would guess shop or eatery.
So I guess the giant signs that said "restaurant", "gifts", "character spot", and "innoventions" weren't obvious enough? They should've just put a House of Magic facade over MouseGear, that would tell people it's a gift shop.

sedati

So I guess the giant signs that said "restaurant", "gifts", "character spot", and "innoventions" weren't obvious enough? They should've just put a House of Magic facade over MouseGear, that would tell people it's a gift shop.
Oh, you've been referencing the course-corrections, my bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom