News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Giss Neric

and Hagrids which packs more punch than any coaster at WDW and its considered a family attraction. Rise is great but I wanted more thrill. Please have some thrill... please!!!
I agree. Launches obviously is thrilling which most coasters have now. What I'm most concerned about is the layout of the ride. I have a feeling the effects will be amazing but the track will just be twist and turns and not much drops. I like the feeling of drops especially in the dark.

DCLcruiser

I agree. Launches obviously is thrilling which most coasters have now. What I'm most concerned about is the layout of the ride. I have a feeling the effects will be amazing but the track will just be twist and turns and not much drops. I like the feeling of drops especially in the dark.
Considering the proximity to M:S they will have to build two tracks. One for thrills, the other for naps.

ppete1975

Which is honestly all Disney should be building anyways.

They will never be able to build enough huge thrill rides to satisfy the people who want them. If they built one, the people that really want them would just ask for more. A couple wouldn't be enough and they're never going to catch up to somewhere like Cedar Fair (or even most of the regional Six Flags) in quantity. Beyond that, it wouldn't really make any sense for them to build a lot of rides that kids can't ride.

I just don't see how it could make financial sense for Disney to build one or two rides of that type when it wouldn't be enough to attract people who aren't currently going to Disney and wouldn't be a huge boost to capacity (any ride would help some, of course) since it would only be rideable for a certain percentage of guests. There's no significant benefit to Disney in either sales or operations.
I dont even want the noise that a real roller coaster makes..... or the screams. Between the squeals of kids, the piped in music, the sounds of nature and the sound of disney in the air... thats part of what makes disney special.... i dont want clack clack clack SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM and the sounds of a real roller coaster.

ImperfectPixie

I dont even want the noise that a real roller coaster makes..... or the screams. Between the squeals of kids, the piped in music, the sounds of nature and the sound of disney in the air... thats part of what makes disney special.... i dont want clack clack clack SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM and the sounds of a real roller coaster.
Amen.

_caleb

I agree. Except BTMRR, I like that. And 7DMT. And Everest. Oh, and Splash, which also had the clacks and screams. Ok, I'm ok with the clacks and screams.

DCLcruiser

RnRC should make you happy. No clacks, mostly just...DUDE LOOKS LIKE LADY!

ppete1975

I agree. Except BTMRR, I like that. And 7DMT. And Everest. Oh, and Splash, which also had the clacks and screams. Ok, I'm ok with the clacks and screams.
I dont think any of those can compete with a six flags or other "amusement park" as far as noise, splashs drop can get a bit loud but thats more a quick fun yelp that a constant roller coaster scream. Then again disney is a master of sound and acoustics, i wouldnt doubt they build attractions to mask some of it. As far as clacks im more referring to the old style tall roller coasters that clack you up the entire lift tower. The newer launched coasters arent nearly as loud... and dont get me started on the old wooden ones....

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think nearly all of the updates are going to be inside the buildings, so will be difficult to see any updates until it's nearly finished.

DreamfinderGuy

Guardians for EPCOTs 40th anyone?
I think this is thread bump worthy.

To add fuel to the fire, let this be a reminder that Guardians has already taken 67 days longer (and counting!) than Universe of Energy's original construction schedule to build. And that was total time from dirt to guests on ride, while the entire theme park was being built simultaneously.

Disneylover152

I think this is thread bump worthy.

To add fuel to the fire, let this be a reminder that Guardians has already taken 67 days longer (and counting!) than Universe of Energy's original construction schedule to build. And that was total time from dirt to guests on ride, while the entire theme park was being built simultaneously.
Universal built an entire Jurassic World roller coaster with real theming and rockwork and themed buildings and practical effects/props in less than half the time its taken Disney to build this Guardians coaster.

I really don't get what takes Disney so long to build a ride. It's essentially a bunch of screens in a box.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom