News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rle4lunch

Virtual queues for all rides under 10 years old would be nice. All they have to do is look at historic metrics. Keeping people from congealing together for 60 minutes at a time is gonna be the standard going forward. Might as well use technology the right way to keep people dispersed in the parks to avoid overflows.

lazyboy97o

Virtual queues for all rides under 10 years old would be nice. All they have to do is look at historic metrics. Keeping people from congealing together for 60 minutes at a time is gonna be the standard going forward. Might as well use technology the right way to keep people dispersed in the parks to avoid overflows.
They spent billions trying to do that and dispersed in the parks just means mingling in other venues.

UNCgolf

Virtual queues would make the parks more congested, not less.

rle4lunch

They spent billions trying to do that and dispersed in the parks just means mingling in other venues.

Yeah, but that was FP+, which essentially locked you into a park for a full day whether you liked it or not. Now without having a park hopper option, that isn't the case any longer. If they could mix a version of Max Pass with the Virtual queuing system, I think they could pull it off.

jt04

Yeah, but that was FP+, which essentially locked you into a park for a full day whether you liked it or not. Now without having a park hopper option, that isn't the case any longer. If they could mix a version of Max Pass with the Virtual queuing system, I think they could pull it off.

BGs (one per day per customer per attraction) for high demand rides combined with 'personalized' touring plans, and standby lines for moderate to low demand rides. The app makes it possible and highly efficient. Everyone wins.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are they looking at virtual queues or just going back to the old fashioned line?
VQ last I heard would not be the norm. They’d really like to not have it on Rise.
Now without having a park hopper option, that isn't the case any longer. If they could mix a version of Max Pass with the Virtual queuing system, I think they could pull it off.
Hopping will be back medium term.

rreading

VQ last I heard would not be the norm. They’d really like to not have it on Rise.

Hopping will be back medium term.

I'm honestly not surprised. We'll find out soon, but I hate it so far and we're going in a slow time. From what it looks like we have to stress about maybe getting a group up to three times on Thursday. Previously getting there at rope drop to possibly miss out does not make for happy guests. At least with FOP we knew that we would/would not get a FP+ ahead of time and that we could wait 2h if we really wanted to

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'd love to know if staying on site will come with premium ride access of some sort before buying DVC. Hope they can get on announcing that.

rle4lunch

I'd love to know if staying on site will come with premium ride access of some sort before buying DVC. Hope they can get on announcing that.

Well we've got 2 DVC contracts (pay cash if you go this route), so bring on the actual amenities. The biggest thing that gets my goat is that I have to pay extra for everyday cleaning service and/or clean towels. That part is crap.

We really have no bennies whatsoever, except for a damn magnet and some pro Disney propaganda magazine. oh, and the DVC lounge.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Well we've got 2 DVC contracts (pay cash if you go this route), so bring on the actual amenities. The biggest thing that gets my goat is that I have to pay extra for everyday cleaning service and/or clean towels. That part is crap.

We really have no bennies whatsoever, except for a damn magnet and some pro Disney propaganda magazine. oh, and the DVC lounge.
Vs other resort guests no, but you get the on site perks, the major 3 being FP+ priority access, EMH, and quasi-reliable park transportation. Currently, FP+ and EMH are suspended, and it's intimated above that FP+ may go away. Without FP+ priority access it become much harder to justify the cost of an on site stay, and thus much harder to justify DVC ownership.

Dave Z

Coming next year, we will be replacing FastPass+ with Disney ShopPass®. Guests will no longer have to book experiences in advance. Instead, guests will be required to spend a certain amount of money in our gift shops before they are allowed into an attraction. For our E ticket attractions, guests must spend at least $1000, D tickets will be $500, C tickets will be $250, B tickets will be $100, and A tickets will be $50.

This is on a PER ATTRACTION BASIS. Once guests complete their attraction experience, they MUST return to a gift shop and make a purchase that gives them access to the attraction they wish to experience next.

In Disneyland, we are being generous and allowing all guests to experience Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind® free of charge.
Gotta love a CEO with a sense of humor and dollar signs for eyeballs!

Captain Barbossa

Coming next year, we will be replacing FastPass+ with Disney ShopPass®. Guests will no longer have to book experiences in advance. Instead, guests will be required to spend a certain amount of money in our gift shops before they are allowed into an attraction. For our E ticket attractions, guests must spend at least $1000, D tickets will be $500, C tickets will be $250, B tickets will be $100, and A tickets will be $50.

This is on a PER ATTRACTION BASIS. Once guests complete their attraction experience, they MUST return to a gift shop and make a purchase that gives them access to the attraction they wish to experience next.

In Disneyland, we are being generous and allowing all guests to experience Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind® free of charge.
I feel like we don’t say this enough, but you sir, @realBobChapek, are a genius. Though I will admit that $1,000 for an E ticket seems a bit on the low side.....

No Name

Fastpass disappearing altogether would be pretty shocking. I’ve been expecting them to start explicitly charging for it like every other amusement/theme park in the country. To go the opposite direction would be pretty bold for today’s Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom