News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

bclane

Here you go :)
QEJLnX6.jpg
Someone needs to count that and make sure there’s actually 20 bucks there. I’m not sure I trust this Mike S guy! I tried to count them but it’s giving me a headache.

Casper Gutman

A worn look would be totally out of place in the park and would really have me concerned with imagineering’s understanding of detail.
It fits the IP, and that trumps theme right now. But the front of Epcot isn’t going to have a theme for the foreseeable future, so favoring IP integrity is probably the best choice, given the circumstances.

UNCgolf

It fits the IP, and that trumps theme right now. But the front of Epcot isn’t going to have a theme for the foreseeable future, so favoring IP integrity is probably the best choice, given the circumstances.

If it's supposed to be a Xandar outpost, I don't think that really fits the IP. It would fit Guardians in general, but the Xandar we saw in the movies was absolutely pristine and shining.

Although I guess it was destroyed in a later movie, so maybe it could fit.

No Name

They can easily have a fitting GotG storyline that doesn’t require faux weathering. Just because they can’t understand the profitability of one facet of the park (theme) does not mean they should disregard other facets. In Epcot, particularly the front, by its very premise, it doesn’t make sense to have weathered pavilions and would devalue the park aesthetically. That would be flat-out foolish.

Tonto

Steph15251

EDIT: Someone beat me to it. ;)

Sjaak van Horne, a Dutch guy who visits the Vekoma test site on a regular basis, took the following 2 pics. When the employees noticed that someone was taking pics, they quickly covered the vehicles.

7d21a3fe8f4148ccfb372702c69170d7.jpg

bad8cc407561094c26d3b6e31cfc4766.jpg

Picture credits: Sjaak van Horne
I am really looking forward to this ride,I just wish it was being put in Hollywood studios and not Epcot

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Do we know the "thrill" level of this one? Can we compare it to anything? I'm guessing since there aren't any inversions and no head/shoulder restraints, that it shouldn't be on the level of Rockin' Roller Coaster but maybe on the level of Space Mountain, but with a backwards launch?

Tonto

Do we know the "thrill" level of this one? Can we compare it to anything? I'm guessing since there aren't any inversions and no head/shoulder restraints, that it shouldn't be on the level of Rockin' Roller Coaster but maybe on the level of Space Mountain, but with a backwards launch?
I think in the past @marni compared Guardians to Space Mountain Paris, but with more projections essentially.

lazyboy97o

The look of a restraint really does not say anything about intensity. A new Vekoma family coaster and a new Vekoma thrill coaster would have the same restraint. The vest that actually touches the shoulders seen on rides like Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris are purely optional.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom