News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Stripes

So, the gravity building for this ride is literally one of the largest buildings by volume on the planet (in the top 20), at 40 million cubic feet.

Edit: oops big mess up on my part. Somehow Google Earth on my computer doubled the size of the length and the width. The actual cubic feet is closer to 10 million. My bad.

Last edited:

trainplane3

So, the gravity building for this ride is literally one of the largest buildings by volume on the planet (in the top 20), at 40 million cubic feet.

Which makes it roughly 5 million cubic feet bigger than Hangar One.
09_hangar1_partialskin2.jpg

20141203__ssvs1205hangarone1.jpg
I'm sorry but I need those measurements in terms of how many SSE's it can hold. I actually measure everything based on amount of SSE's.

Stripes

What do you mean "by volume"? I would think any moderately sized skyscraper would be substantially larger.
I'm sorry but I need those measurements in terms of how many SSE's it can hold. I actually measure everything based on amount of SSE's.
Yep, I don't know what happened but I measured it again and the length and width appear to have been doubled somehow the first time I measured it (Google Earth Pro). Glitch, I think. The actual volume is closer to 10 million cubic feet. Still really, really big, but much smaller than I got the first time. Sorry. My bad.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Yep, I don't know what happened but I measured it again and the length and width appear to have been doubled somehow the first time I measured it (Google Earth Pro). Glitch, I think. The actual volume is closer to 10 million cubic feet. Still really, really big, but much smaller than I got the first time. Sorry. My bad.
What dimensions did you come up with?

yensidtlaw1969

I’m just Wow’d at yet another ridiculous comment about theming consistency at WDW parks. DHS on Sunset Boulevard has 1940s theming. RNRC with Aerosmith is inconsistent with the overall theme of this area and the park as a whole. Replacing Aerosmith with Guardians is so theming inconsistent that I wonder if you’re having what Steve Tyler is. At DCA, the whole point of Guardians in ToT is a theming change. They will turn Sunset Boulevard into Superheroes Land if they ever decide to add Marvel into DHS.

Try to understand what you’re saying.
Sunset Boulevard is themed to present day - a present day where the building at the end has been abandoned since the 40’s and much of the rest of the street preserved its historic architecture. G-Force Records is a contemporary tenant on a street that’s set in the present day. Like how in big cities new buildings go up next to old ones and don’t necessarily share styles.

It’s not the most glorious and overt example of thematic consistency, but it is an example of it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sunset Boulevard is themed to present day - a present day where the building at the end has been abandoned since the 40’s and much of the rest of the street preserved its historic architecture. G-Force Records is a contemporary tenant on a street that’s set in the present day. Like how in big cities new buildings go up next to old ones and don’t necessarily share styles.

It’s not the most glorious and overt example of thematic consistency, but it is an example of it.

Does the existence of a Victory Garden mean we're currently at war?

ToTBellHop

The park doesn’t have a clear timing. Hollywood Blvd. was 1930s, Sunset 1940s, Echo Lake 1950s as supported by architecture and, especially, Streetmosphere. RnRC and ToT are explicitly set “today”. So I guess the Streetmosphere is supposed to be random actors pretending to be from those decades? It’s long been a “just go with it” theme but I’m fine with it since I love the placemaking at the front of the park.

DanielBB8

You do know the backstory for the bellhops don’t you?
I will summarize the backstories I just read. 1. Ghosts particularly one that died on Platform D, but this ghost story doesn’t explain the other Bellhops and how they got there in the present. 2. Cast Members playing movie roles. 3. Bellhop that dematerialized into the Twilight Zone and likely roaming the grounds (alluded in attraction narrator in epilogue) and now prepping your room as if it’s you’re actually in the past time.

Ghosts and metaphysic Twilight Zone are not the same thing.

This got me thinking every more about the theming inconsistency. Preshow: Hollywood, 1939. Twilight Zone anthology series was 1959 to 1964 with a Rod Sterling performance designed for that time period. The actual attraction opened on July 1994 and the television show to commemorate it on 1997.

Last edited:

TJJohn12

I had always taken "The time is now, on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed..." to mean that as we stand in the library, we've already been transitioned to 1961 (judging by Serling's age in the episode on the TV). But that's the Twilight Zone geek in me speaking right there...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I will summarize the backstories I just read. 1. Ghosts particularly one that died on Platform D, but this ghost story doesn’t explain the other Bellhops and how they got there in the present. 2. Cast Members playing movie roles. 3. Bellhop that dematerialized into the Twilight Zone and likely roaming the grounds (alluded in attraction narrator in epilogue) and now prepping your room as if it’s you’re actually in the past time.
You don’t know it then. I’ll write it out when I have more time.

How about the G-Force backstory?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom